Supra Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Syvecs is the main ECU used over here in the UK on the top end cars hence why the conversion runs on a Syvecs. Plus it's the only ECU I know of (definitely here in the UK) that can run the engine and the autotrans.

As far as I know the clutch pack is the only mod needed to handle more power. If you look on SSP Performance or Dodson website one or both do upgraded clutch baskets and cooler. But I'll be fitting a 30 row oil cooler in the old SMIC location with ducting anyway.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Any updates on this? There was talk about possibly using the new m3/m4 trans without doing so much modifications to the trans tunnel because of its shape. This is a perfect upgrade for people with an auto trans that don't want to source the extinct v160/161 combo.

428 Posts
I know the ProEfi will work with an auto trans since that is the combo I am going with... should theoretically work with a DCT as well I would think... but what do I know. Maybe somebody has to jump in and be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know the ProEfi will work with an auto trans since that is the combo I am going with... should theoretically work with a DCT as well I would think... but what do I know. Maybe somebody has to jump in and be the guinea pig.
Its not quite as simple as that, we spent months and months and a lot of money with the team at Syvecs making the canbus on the gearbox work, we are still fine tuning certain areas on it. Why would anyone want to use a Pro Efi when the Syvecs has already been developed and is working....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any updates on this? There was talk about possibly using the new m3/m4 trans without doing so much modifications to the trans tunnel because of its shape. This is a perfect upgrade for people with an auto trans that don't want to source the extinct v160/161 combo.
Not for awhile, we would have to start again with the latest gearbox to make it all work, that means a lot of development time and money thrown at it, something we aren't looking at doing.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not for awhile, we would have to start again with the latest gearbox to make it all work, that means a lot of development time and money thrown at it, something we aren't looking at doing.
Paul,

this is something I am very serious about doing, but I'm here in the States. If I purchase the trans, the adapter kit that you sell and the S6+ ecu for shifting the trans, will you be able to supply premade maps for the trans or is this something more complex that is based off of your engine mods like turbo, injectors, ect... ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Paul,

this is something I am very serious about doing, but I'm here in the States. If I purchase the trans, the adapter kit that you sell and the S6+ ecu for shifting the trans, will you be able to supply premade maps for the trans or is this something more complex that is based off of your engine mods like turbo, injectors, ect... ?
We supply a base map with it which will need fine tuning to the spec of your car yes but it will need setting up by a Syvecs trained mapper, there are quite a few in the USA so that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
815 Posts
We supply a base map with it which will need fine tuning to the spec of your car yes but it will need setting up by a Syvecs trained mapper, there are quite a few in the USA so that shouldn't be a problem.
Would this be overkill for a BPU car? I plan on going single in the future, but don't want to waste money are time with "building" the stock auto and it seems to be unreliable anyways. This seems like a way better alternative and HUGE upgrade for a Supra

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would this be overkill for a BPU car? I plan on going single in the future, but don't want to waste money are time with "building" the stock auto and it seems to be unreliable anyways. This seems like a way better alternative and HUGE upgrade for a Supra
Nope, it works great on that too, plus you wont need to change the clutches on a BPU cars.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Where there's a will, there's a way!!! This is Great!!

Maybe you can do a partnership with one of the speedshops here in the States...

I'm sure a group buy can be pulled together for this...

·
Swole
364 Posts
if this works as good as it does in my M4 holy shit its going to make all power levels of supra's way faster and more fun to drive also. people who have never driven DCT cars don't realize how bad manually shifting 6spd cars upset the car traction and not loosing boost even with the best drivers shifting with a clutch pedal is caveman technology DCT for the win!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow... thanks for bringing this back up, I'm definitely intrigued with a DCT being developed for compatibility for the MKIV. This would be quite the game changer for sure. As much as I love my 6-speeds with 3 pedals, there's no human being out there that can change gears as quickly as a good DCT. I'd love to see something like this work out here in the states.

Subscribing for further details/updates....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 6speed E92 M3 but see low mileage DCT trannies in the for sale sections of M3post in the 2-3k range. With clutches upgrades they hold pretty good power. Controlling it is where the issue lies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheers, having heard back from whifbitz it seems the m3 dct is now being replaced by the superior dct units from the f80 m4.... Benefits include less tunnel mods and supporting greater torque levels, so perhaps no need for a strengthened clutch. Cheaper, faster and stronger... Sounds good.

But I'm still perplexed why the new mk5 supra tranny is not the way to go... Still, it's all bavarian tech

61 - 75 of 75 Posts