Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I have to build the bottom end to achieve a reliable 700 horsepower? Or can I throw upgrades on the stock engine.? What can I do to make the motor last more than 150,000 Miles with 700hp.

Here is a 700-900 HP upgrade kit but should I buy a stage 3 race shortblock and install it onto my stock full engine?

·
SICK OF THE NUT SWINGERS
1,730 Posts
Well,

There are lots of answers to your questions. However, I would ask you how do you know you want or can handle a 700-900 hp car?? I would say drive some Supra's in that hp range, you might like it or it just might be to much. And fyi there are plenty of people rolling around here with 700 on the stock block, head, manifold, etc. I would say use the search button and research threads. Many people do it different ways you need to find what suits you...gl

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
stock engine will handle 700rwhp indefinitely.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Stock block should be fine up to 800 rwhp with fuel and a good tune from what I've read.

·
The Slow And The Curious
469 Posts
There are a lot of factors involved. A stock motor with nothing don't may not last 150k mile if it isn't properly taken care of and is just constently beat on. 700hp can be done and reliable on stock shortblock as long as you take care of it, keep the tune good and safe, and again depending on your driving style. Just keep up with the maintanance and keep the tune conservative.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,587 Posts
WHats your realistic budget? I know a local guy that has achive close to 900rwhp for years and another local that has around 800rwhp with a built motor. IMO if I had the money I would build the motor, block, head, cams, etc... heck if I had plent I would do a stroker for the added low end power. In then end its up to you, I have seen guys push it without problem but on that same token they have maintained their car very very well. The other important thing is your tune, that will go a long way, a well tune stock motor will last longer than a crap tune built one.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
It must be, "be nice to the newb who didn't search" day again
LMAO !!! yeah seriously.. I guess everyone is in the holiday spirit !!!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Would I have to build the bottom end to achieve a reliable 700 horsepower? Or can I throw upgrades on the stock engine.? What can I do to make the motor last more than 150,000 Miles with 700hp.

Here is a 700-900 HP upgrade kit but should I buy a stage 3 race shortblock and install it onto my stock full engine?
I've never seen a motor go for 150k miles at 700hp. Just sayin'.

More power invariably means more wear.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've never seen a motor go for 150k miles at 700hp. Just sayin'.

More power invariably means more wear.
it all depend on the driver, you could drive a 1500whp supra for 200 000miles
if you dont drive it like a jackass just saying
i mean i ''only'' have 609whp and my car feel like it able to handle it forever like it was nothing

·
Registered
1 Posts
how many hp you can do with this engine without changing the inside?
I heard that you can make 700 hp with mototre series and do so many miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts