Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*EDIT*
Hmm maybe I should have posted this in the "other car forum" can a Mod move it there... unless its fine here.

I've been looking for either a Toyota Tacoma or a way old school Ford Bronco.

My friend found a Bronco for me.
It's in one of those paper magazines that have vehicles for sale so it doesn't have much information but I'm going to call the owner to get more but I just want opinions on what you guys think.

Theres a picture in the magazine but this link below is the best picture my friend could find to describe it to me

Bronco

the link above as a pic of two that look like it....the red one though is more like it cuz this one is red like that but instead of a white top this one is black...and the tires on this one are more off-road lookin. This one also has a black grill gaurd thing on the front...it isn't big at all.

This is what it says below the pic.

Ford Bronco, '71. Frame off restored. 302 V8. Currie front axles. Disc brakes. Look outs. (i think it is suppose to say Lock outs, and i think that has something to do with the 4x4) New suspension. Dual tanks. Runs and drives great. 36" Parnelli Jones tires. Aluminum 15x10 wheels. $10,000/OBO.
*EDIT*
Hmm maybe I should have posted this in the "other car forum" can a Mod move it there... unless its fine here.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but what about the price? Obviously the mileage i still need to find out and seeing it in person will change my opinion on it also, but from what it talks about *the modifications and all* is it worth 10K or a little lower?

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Those are rare, and very expensive...especially if they are in great condition.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Well if it's frame-off restored then $10k seems like a deal. :dunno:

You definitely need to see it in person.

·
Banned
612 Posts
my friend has 5 of them in various stages of restoration.. He just picked up two more from out west somewhere that he is having trucked back here.. I dont get it but he says they worth big bucks... Its his kids college fund

8,181 Posts
i love them, its your money and time. if you feellike doing it, then go for it. i would do the same.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my friend has 5 of them in various stages of restoration.. He just picked up two more from out west somewhere that he is having trucked back here.. I dont get it but he says they worth big bucks... Its his kids college fund
i love them, its your money and time. if you feellike doing it, then go for it. i would do the same.
Whoa now... I'm a college boy, I'm not going to have time or the money to restore this thing anymore than how it comes to me if I buy it. Unless it's just little things.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also where would I search for blue book? KBB's website only goes to 1987.

·
Registered
332 Posts
For 10K that sounds like a steal... my dad owns 3 of them and recently bought a beat up hunting one for 10K and sold one he restored for 22K...

Go for it! They are awesome to play in, especially during the summer

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*Little update*

Just got off the phone with his wife. Her husband went to a car auction trying to sell some other old school car.

Waiting for him to call me back now.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Man, those Broncos are awesome. I've wanted one for some years now. They are definitely the one of the coolest old trucks IMO (up there with the K-5 Blazer).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
*Another update*
Just got off the phone with the owner.

He bought it back in september, he's not for sure on how many other owners have had the bronco.

Asked him about what all he has done to restore it.
I was writing fast and some if it might just be random stuff but I'll try to type some sense into it.

-New alternator added
-He said it has the same engine from when he bought it.
-But he has changed Yogo? Seal from the transfer case
-Front differential replaced
-Teary (sp?) axle
-Scout disc brakes
-New bushings, springs, shocks all replaced on the front. He hasn’t got the back done yet.
-New exhaust from the headers back
-Edelbrock carburetor
-5inch lift with a 1 inch body lift
-Had top and bottom Rhino lined after everything being sandblasted
-80 something thousand miles *unless it was set back or anything*

I forgot to ask:
-If it was auto or standard.
-About the paint
...all I can think of right now.

Ok so what are you guess opinions now? Why is he willing to sell it so cheap, is what I ask myself. I need to get a date to go look at in person.

·
Registered
922 Posts
*Another update*
Just got off the phone with the owner.

He bought it back in september, he's not for sure on how many other owners have had the bronco.

Asked him about what all he has done to restore it.
I was writing fast and some if it might just be random stuff but I'll try to type some sense into it.

-New alternator added
-He said it has the same engine from when he bought it.
-But he has changed Yogo? Seal from the transfer case
-Front differential replaced
-Teary (sp?) axle
-Scout disc brakes
-New bushings, springs, shocks all replaced on the front. He hasn’t got the back done yet.
-New exhaust from the headers back
-Edelbrock carburetor
-5inch lift with a 1 inch body lift
-Had top and bottom Rhino lined after everything being sandblasted
-80 something thousand miles *unless it was set back or anything*

I forgot to ask:
-If it was auto or standard.
-About the paint
...all I can think of right now.

Ok so what are you guess opinions now? Why is he willing to sell it so cheap, is what I ask myself. I need to get a date to go look at in person.

Something doesn't add up. Frame off restoration but the engine has or hasn't been worked on, mileage is uncertain and its been rino lined.

I'm guessing rollover mileage, rust covered up by rino liner at the minimum.

Nothing keeping you from going down an taking a look.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts
My friend's father has one and its very well maintained, its awesome and has surpringly held up for being a Ford.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts