Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stock bottom end? Man that things a time bomb..... Good power though, no dobut about that. LS1's usually let #7 pistion go much above 630whp... we'll see how these LS2's hold up to that kind of power :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stock bottom end? Man that things a time bomb..... Good power though, no dobut about that. LS1's usually let #7 pistion go much above 630whp... we'll see how these LS2's hold up to that kind of power :)
He know's that and that's why he has a built motor ready to go in her soon. He put patriot heads on the stock LS2 motor to lower the compression a little to let her live a little longer with the twin turbo set up. APS was amazed too with the numbers he is putting out. (So was vortech when he had his z06) Les is one of the top rated tech's for BMW and I'm sure he will find a way to make it work. I know the crank's will handle a 1000 hp but I would be more worried about the rods myself.:1poke: BTW he has 16000 miles on this set up already.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Crazy :) Not tryin to knock it, just rather amazed myself that it's lasting. We had a customer making 620rwhp on a Vortech'd vette (cam, long tubes, blower, tune) for almost a year, when we changed pulley setups and made 643rwhp, it lasted 3 days, lol. Now he's got a built C5-R motor w/ LS7 heads/intake and it made 875whp on pump gas and his fuel pump ran out of juice...

So yeah, I understand.. but definately keep us up to date on this thing, it seems like a sweet car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
WoW I've heard of this car I've yet to see it. I am amazed to all heck that its still alive at 16psi. What Psi was it runing before the fuel upgrade?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WoW I've heard of this car I've yet to see it. I am amazed to all heck that its still alive at 16psi. What Psi was it runing before the fuel upgrade?
I believe only 12 lbs of boost before. When he get's the new built motor in, I will be sure to get out the new number's for everyone. What I need to do is get the supra out of the garage and get some roll on vid's out there again of this beast. Here's an old vid with the GTO....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE0scsYjfYE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts