Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· 2JZ-GTE
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dynoed a friends car today with really nice results, the 71gts is the perfect street turbo, lots of power and spools alright.
Car was dynoed on "rotortest" chassie dyno and the result was 609whp 707nm at the wheels at 24psi boost on pumpgas Vpower 94-95oct. This was on a bone stock motor, not even cams,

Anyone else with results with the same setup? are these numbers good.. i was quite impressed i must say.
The turbo kit is a Sound peformance 71mm dbb and fuelsystem a 1000cc Sp. Car runs like a dream.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV58x8VD6Qk&feature=channel_page

· Registered
445 Posts
Nice to see the good numbers, I have close to the same setup. Out of curiosity is it a 6sp or auto? I assume 6sp considering it would be pretty hard, maybe impossible, to get an auto there on pump with the mods on the car.

· 2JZ-GTE
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I did the tuning and the work on the car is also done by me and with help from my friend that also helps out om my car. I street tuned the car 2days earlier and had very little work on the dyno left, we leaned it out a bit 11,7AFR and added 0,1bar boost and 1 degree of timing.

PBZ is great, great company and very nice dyno equipment.

Skruf: head was damaged in the last motor carnage, but its welded up now, on the latest motor im using my old head. But the one that i bought from you worked fine. Np on the aem help, just pm me or something.

The car is a Jspec 1995 supra, 6spd.

· Banned
468 Posts
great job man

Chris

· Registered
521 Posts
Nice numbers Armin. You should probably see another 50rwhp if you drop in a pair of 272 cams.

What A/R is it?

ND4SPD hit 636rwhp at 26 psi (606rwhp at 24psi if you calculate 15rwhp per psi) so you are fairly in line where you should be. Same turbo, stock long block. Although he seems to spool about 400rpm quicker than you.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486920

Shell V-Power has research octane number 99, in your way to set octane number that would be 94-95 i guess.

That gasoline is much more expensive then regular pumpgas and is specially developed by Shell for those who want to take their engine to its limit.
yeap, I have also been told VPower99 has different additives and more oxygen than regular pump fuel making is less prone to knock

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
Shell V-Power has research octane number 99, in your way to set octane number that would be 94-95 i guess.

That gasoline is much more expensive then regular pumpgas and is specially developed by Shell for those who want to take their engine to its limit.
Then this isnt really 600hp on pump gas

· Registered
992 Posts
Then this isnt really 600hp on pump gas
If you can get the gas at the pumps, then it qualifies as pump gas. Just like how most people believe E85 is also pump gas... No need to kill yourself about the term pump gas anymore...lol I just ask for the octane fuel used these days.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.