Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody recommend any 720cc injector size brand that will fit the stock rail? i'm looking to make closer to 600whp but leaving some head room but would like to stay on the stock rail if possible.
this will be used with an HKS VPC.. does anyone know if the VPC off of an mk4 auto turbo with 720cc chip work for the 7m gte with 720cc chip (auto)?

thanks

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
i would not push the stock rail that high. especially with the two options out there!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
the stock rail is fairly big for a stocker.
I would just modified it for dual feed, and a single return in the middle.
it will be fine

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
does anyone know if the VPC off of an mk4 auto turbo with 720cc chip work for the 7m gte with 720cc chip (auto)?

thanks
The VPC will work, but you have to use the 7M-GTE 550cc chip and tune it with fuel pressure and S-AFC.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Jeez, how could you even figure that a engine management chip (VPC) for a 2jz would work for a 7m?

Anywho, just buy the new chip from options auto salon (optauto.com). $50 is what I got mine for.

They also have all the sensors and what not (all except for the boost pressure sensor which was discontinued 1 year ago, but the same Denso boost sensor (3 wire) is available from Mazda for the FC3s 13b.

anywho. 720cc should work fine on the "stock" fuel rail (which in general is pretty large compared to other "stock" fuel rails from other vehicles). Just make sure you turn up the fuel pressure a little to keep the 720's full. Dont want to lean out while your dialing in a leaner fuel curve.

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts

·
2,279 Posts
The stock rail is pretty frickin big. It'll flow more than you are looking to make.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
I am goign to disagree with everyone on the stock rail.

and to clarify myself not really the stock rail but the horrendous entry into the stock rail (90 degrees in and 90 degre out.). If the stock rail could be made into straight in and out then yes. That would be much better. I go by straightest possible fuel route in and out.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
yes stock has supported tons of hp for mk3 guys, no need to upgrade, just make it into a dual feed single return

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
spoolint78 said:
yes stock has supported tons of hp for mk3 guys, no need to upgrade, just make it into a dual feed single return

not for anything but hope those "tons of mk3 guys" don't ever jump of a bridge.... look like lemmings on the way out with the rest of you following ;) hehe

in all seriousness. I forgot that I am the only e85 guy here. So my fuel volume is probably about double the gasoline folks :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
lol^^

like i said it will be more then enough.
But i still plan to get a custom rail made, wont cost me much so it doesn't bother me

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,951 Posts
spoolint78 said:
the stock rail is fairly big for a stocker.
I would just modified it for dual feed, and a single return in the middle.
it will be fine

This is what I did, and so did drjonze!;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
anybody recommend any 720cc injector size brand that will fit the stock rail? i'm looking to make closer to 600whp but leaving some head room but would like to stay on the stock rail if possible.
this will be used with an HKS VPC.. does anyone know if the VPC off of an mk4 auto turbo with 720cc chip work for the 7m gte with 720cc chip (auto)?

thanks
im running 720cc injectors on the stock fuel rail but that is the only thing stock on the fuel system, upgraded pumps, lines, fpr and of course all the fittings

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:

Did you use the stock cold start injector hole for the return or did you just tap a new on to the center of the rail?

How much does the Greddy 720cc's run for? I alse heard that Delphi 680cc's will fit with minor modification, true or not?

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Does anyone know if the precision 720cc's will fit the stock rail fine also ? aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
QWIKSTRIKE said:

do you have pics?
cause i know the rails have caps on the ends i believe.
How did you get by that?

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,951 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts