Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am up and running after a few months of labor. The problem is my FFI, and new 720cc injectors, with a cracked ECU temp switch, anda cracked cold start injector temp switch. I have a VPC, and E01 and Emanage combination. Who has run 720cc injectors tuned wtih a vpc, and Emanage.

New mods

Gt4088 .81 ar
1.0mm metal HG
FFI intake cold start injector only
Q45 TB
720cc injectors
VPC
EManage
E01 controller
4runner r22 throttlecable

Thanks

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Holy crap you got that motor in and running with the quikness. Now i see where you get your name ;). I have no info to share, but id like to congradulate ya anyway, lol. :bigthumb:

·
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve. It took 2.5 days of 8 hours or so. I had lots of mods to do all at once or it woud have been same day install, and go. I relocated the battery, and fuel pressure regulator, and alternator as well. I also mounted the new turbo and oil return pipe.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
Hey man... god thats gonna be NUTS>...

buddy here lcoally is running exact same vpc/emanage/720's hes got NO idle problems.

·
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Eric. The meet is days away so I must be ver dilligent. Since you may not make this one maybe we will try to come up to your meet, and we will definitle have a end of the summer Etown meet.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I'm not running as large an injector, and don't have the VPC, but have a tuning problem all the same.
I thought my wideband was defective, and replaced the sensor. Still shows either lean, or Air. (very lean.)
Even at WOT it does not come up, and now on a cool day, it was detonation city, so I backed off immediately. (Possibly the wideband is right and never was defective.)

Base fuel pressure is just under 40lbs with the vac line pinched at idle. The only voltage my TCCS will put out right now is about 3.4v. It does not change at all even if I crank up the fuel pressure, or drop it under 20. I've replaced the narrow band O2 sensor as I thought possibly it was bad, but no changes there either.

Crazy thing is, at WOT, there is gray smoke behind me most of the time. (Some of it is tire smoke, the smell confirms that.) I'm thinking some is also from running too rich, but the meter says it's lean. Tailpipe has quite a bit of carbon in there, so I'm not running that lean going by the pipe. Plugs are also lightly coated with carbon. (irridium, gapped at .28)

Here's the specs.
550's fed by a Walbro HP255lph.
Eman controlled by E-01 boost controller over stock TCCS.
3.24L engine, ported head, many coatings etc.

I figured it would need more fuel due to the small increase in displacement, but not this much more fuel. (Showing lean or air all the time.)

Any suggestions?

That 720 setup might be the ticket, or I'm going to have to spend some time on the dyno just to get the AF's back into the right range.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Adjuster, you need to keep in mind that the wideband is an oxygen sensor. If the car is misfiring, it will read lean no matter how much fuel you dump in.

Qwik- Call me mang...

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Car is not misfiring, it runs nice and smooth, power is good, EGT's are 1100f, and other than the WB saying it is lean, and the very slight ping on cold air at 17psi of boost, it runs great.

I'm going to raise the base fuel pressure up and see if the voltage will read 2.5 at idle, and the WB will start to read something other than air or lean. I just hope I have not screwed up this motor. (Don't think so yet, but if it's run this way very long, it will damage something eventually.)

Sorry about the hyjack. I think I'll start another thread on this subject.

·
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure your emanage fuel pressure and air adjustments were set to zero before tuning. Mine had a programmmed map in it so I had to reset it to zero then tune. With 550cc injectors you should be fine. I would check the emanage maps adjuster. I don't think those 550 injectors are makein you run so rich or so lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts