Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOONGASS day today, but i got a lot of shit done!
i finally figured out my problem where i couldnt rev it past 6k. turned out that the car simply wanted more timing!
once we got that figured out it was a matter of a few pulls to get the afr curve tuned in. the timing #'s are still pretty conservative and 720rwhp was only at ~26 psi. i wanted to go higher but my boost controller is probably POS that wont hold it.

this run is where we tried turning up the boost, it spiked and then went down to ~25psi, hence the dip in power.

heres a cleaner run, held a pretty solid 26psi all the way on this pull.

ive got videos but they will be up a little later.

theres a few little things i need to finish up, like a turbo oil drain line leak that ill work on monday, fix my headlights and get an alignment on this thing. after that its track time :D

p.s. these #'s are through a 4k stall converter that robs quite a bit of power. were this a 6spd it would have made 820-840ish rwhp.

i also need to figure out my boost control issues i think i know what the problem is.

im tired as hell, but excited! this thing has a low 800rwhp in it with 6-8 more lbs of boost.

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
Eugene,

Glad it wasn't the rearend;) Good numbers dude.

Steve K.

·
60 footing
966 Posts
intake mani, head work, cams ???

nice# by the way

·
Registered
408 Posts
Iv always been curious as to why most supras dyno such low torque #'s. To dyno 7xxrwhp and only get 500rwtq something don't seem right maybe your setup. Good #'s though im sure your happy. With the boost controller might sound odd but try a MBC. Last week went with 7th sign to dyno the gt47 and the EBC was acting up and giving some problems. The tuner and everyone else agreed the MBC is so much less troublesome and after swapping it out it was clear the MBC did its job well. It help 30psi no problems and the EBC was sold the next day. Hope you get all your little issues taken care of.

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock intake mani(been cut open and ported out) mild port work HKS 264 cams.

remember this is a TH400 setup so torque readings will be lower than a 6spd supra.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
stock intake mani(been cut open and ported out) mild port work HKS 264 cams.

remember this is a TH400 setup so torque readings will be lower than a 6spd supra.
So no upgraded pistons/rods?

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad, i thought i had that shit in my sig. guess ill have to change it.
CP .020 pistons/eagle rods clevite bearings. nothing out of the ordinary :)
still stock 8.5:1 CR

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
my bad, i thought i had that shit in my sig. guess ill have to change it.
CP .020 pistons/eagle rods clevite bearings. nothing out of the ordinary :)
still stock 8.5:1 CR
It must be nice to have a built motor:)

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Iv always been curious as to why most supras dyno such low torque #'s. To dyno 7xxrwhp and only get 500rwtq something don't seem right maybe your setup. Good #'s though im sure your happy. With the boost controller might sound odd but try a MBC. Last week went with 7th sign to dyno the gt47 and the EBC was acting up and giving some problems. The tuner and everyone else agreed the MBC is so much less troublesome and after swapping it out it was clear the MBC did its job well. It help 30psi no problems and the EBC was sold the next day. Hope you get all your little issues taken care of.
His setup is fine. Its hard to get accurate tq readings on an auto trans with a high stall.
Great numbers man, the car is going to scream at the track.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
wow with a 4000rpm stall if unlocked those are some awesome numbers at only 25-26psi. I think when i had my loose stall converter i only put down around 600rwhp at 26psi.

74mm turbo
272cams
th400

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His setup is fine. Its hard to get accurate tq readings on an auto trans with a high stall.
Great numbers man, the car is going to scream at the track.
exactly, yes its an unlocked converter and these #'s are off a dyno dynamics machine which is known to read lower than dynojets.
overall im VERY happy with the car and cant wait to take it to the track.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice numbers through the TH400 and 4K stall!
What timing numbers did you end up with at 26 psi?
At 26 psi on an 8:1 compression built motor, 276/284 cams, 76-GTS turbo, TH400 and 4200 stall, and C-16, I run 19.5 degrees at 6000, 21 degrees and 7000, and 22 degrees at 8000. I haven't dynoed the car, as I do my tuning at the track, but just curious about the timing numbers for comparison sake.
Regards, Mike

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At 26 psi on an 8:1 compression built motor, 276/284 cams, 76-GTS turbo, TH400 and 4200 stall, and C-16, I run 19.5 degrees at 6000, 21 degrees and 7000, and 22 degrees at 8000. I haven't dynoed the car, as I do my tuning at the track, but just curious about the timing numbers for comparison sake.
Regards, Mike
my timing #'s are just like yours!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Regards, Mike
I don't understand how you guys run so much timingwith c16.
If I run anything past 14 degrees over 7000 rpm i would lift the head right off my block.

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I run anything past 14 degrees over 7000 rpm i would lift the head right off my block.
ive tried 14* and the car wouldnt rev past 6k, as soon as i gave it more timing it woke up.

p.s. youre also making WAAAAAAAAAAAY more power than us :p

·
Registered
348 Posts
What compression do you run?
Since I chose to run slightly lower compression when I built my motor (8:1), it allows me to run a little more timing.
After peak torque (above 6000 or so), I found that the more timing I would run, the quicker the car would go. I stopped at 22 degrees at 8000. When I run 30 psi and spray, I take a few degrees of timing out across the board.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts