Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I encountered this on another board and can't seem to figure out what went wrong. To me, it sounds like in the first race, the z06 got the jump and the supra had massive wheel spin and had to play catch-up... The second race....wheel spin and a miss-shift?

I figured I'd see what you guys could come up with. Of course there was the typical supra dyno queen bashing.

http://www.4get2.com/2007/04/489rwhp_z06_vs_722rwhp_t67_supra.php

"The Supra has a T67 single turbo, upgraded fuel, standalone running 29 psi on C16."

Mods on Z06 were:

MTI LS2 402 Stroker
Luniti Crank, Luniti Pro billet I beam rods, Wiseco forged ceramic coated pistions, Total seal rings, Clevite bearings, and ARP main studs. Motor was balanced and blueprinted.

MTI LS6 Stage II R heads
W/ Hardened intake and exhaust seats, custom 8mm stainless steel valves.
2.055 Intake/1.60 Exhaust valves, Ferrea dual springs, lightweight titanium retainers and matched spring cups.

MTI S1 Cam
244/244 .612 .612 @ 112 LSA
Hardened Chromoly pushrods
Comp lifters
SVO 30lb Injectors
Melling race ported oil pump

FAST 90 Intake/LS2 90 mm TB
ASP U/D pulley
Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers with offroad X pipe

-Nick

·
Registered
119 Posts
thats jt from tucson, yes he is an shitty amatuer driver, thats his exhuast draging, and the runs were on 275-35-19 falkens. the vette belongs to tony, very reputable and fast vette that runs mid 11's on drag radials. rematch coming soon with both cars on drag radails and possibly a new driver for the supra!

·
Registered
493 Posts
thats jt from tucson, yes he is an shitty amatuer driver, thats his exhuast draging, and the runs were on 275-35-19 falkens. the vette belongs to tony, very reputable and fast vette that runs mid 11's on drag radials. rematch coming soon with both cars on drag radails and possibly a new driver for the supra!

To add a few words to this.....The sparks are because he was at the dyno earlier that day and wanted to see what the most he could get with no restrictions due to his exhaust being Tanabe and not a 4" free flowing. So he removed his exhaust right after the midpipe, and that's what's hanging and scraping on the road.

Playing catchup was due to him not brake boosting and also losing traction. Either way the vette was very strong at that gear and rpm and simply the supra had no chance without drag radials. Hope this helps since the other thread is 6 pages long.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sick vette, must be so much fun to drive. On average they seem to hook so well. I would love to have a c5 z06 along with my supra.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the repost, I searched the first page and didn't see it.

Mods, feel free to merge or delete this thread.

-Nick

·
Registered
67 Posts
What's the point of buildling a car for someone else to drive. People need to drive their own shit.

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
My bud has a C5 Z06, 402 stroker I believe. Anyways, it is an awesome performer. Low [email protected] or so in the 1/4 on motor and low 10s on the spray. Definately hits hard and you better brake boost, otherwise bad things like that posted in the video happen.

Steve k.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Vette has 489 rwhp and runs mid 11s? :1poke:
Yeah......and......what's your question? Seems to be right at par with my 300zx results.

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Properly done up Z06's with built motors (and H/C one's with spray) are no joke on the highway and their power/acceleration come on instantaniously* A singled mkiv needs to be in the proper gear WITH brake boosting to come close to hanging "in the first few seconds" of acceleration with one of those.....after that it's just a function of horsepower of course....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.