Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just put down about 730 rwhp on c-16 at 28 pounds with no cams 720 cc injectors vpc gcc
I am very impressed...
cant wait till we have the cams standalone , and the new computer so that we can bring rpm up higher
I am running a non ball baring t-72 turbo that I just purchased from another forum member..
Thanks for being honest about the condition of the turbo.
I will post up dyno , and pics..
what kind of power do you think it will put down with upgrades?

We brought the car to an elpaso track and with minimal time behind the wheel pulled 11.4ss at 131 with 5000 feet elevation.
the car should do , 10.1-10.3s at close to 140 in tucson when our track opens..
remember the boost was at 28 pounds with 8 more pounds to go actually we turned it down to 24-5 ish ... the track we were running was new and was really slick...
I want to do high 9s do you think it is possible..???

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
That car will only go 136-137 at most in AZ on stock cams. The actual hp is quite a bit less than the corrected. AZ tracks are slow, especially SIR in Tucson. If you put cams in it, 140mph+ shouldn't be a problem. Then it comes to who's driving the car. If you need a driver Jeff let me know:)

G

·
My question is duty cycle on the injectors?

That should be maxing them out. AFR on that pull?

I'd like to keep my 720cc inj's but i want to upgrade my turbo to a 71GTR possibly. 700whp is my goal while maintaining stock rev and stock cams. Also want more power on on pump gas (currently T78).

·
Registered
807 Posts
maybe he cheated them by raising fuel pressure? but normally, 720cc injectors would be out of juice by then.

Jsutin

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Jeff,
May as well throw in some 1000cc injectors for that aem and turbo. Plus 272s:)

Greg

·
GT-R guy
490 Posts
My rule of thumb for injectors on 6 cylinders is 1 cc per hp at the motor. Thats safe.

With C16 , and running more than 80% duty cycle you have room.

Base fuel pressure is normally around 43 psi vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator on most vehicles.

If you raise base fuel pressure the injector will flow more at a certain duty cycle . But at a point you need to have the pump/pumps to support it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
with the fuel system we have built for this car it s weekest link is definatley the injectors.
we have the intank pumps to support over 1000hp .
Last night on the dyno on pump gas running perfect at 24 pounds we dynoed 680 to the wheels, the hp actually went up, we had a couple of leaks so just waiting till today to pick up some c-16 to test the car at 32-36psi, with rule of thumb being 20hp to ever pound over 25 on this turbo we should be able to put down 800 or close to it. will see
still working on getting the dyno sheet up and the answers to fuel questions.
Does anyone have a set of slicks with front skinnys they would like to sell.??
I am sick of borrowing them and think it is time to own my own.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
24psi on pump? I bet the stock ecu pulled timing like crazy. Thats the only reason it didnt pop. You should go AEM

Greg

·
Registered
807 Posts
GregZ33 said:
24psi on pump? I bet the stock ecu pulled timing like crazy. Thats the only reason it didnt pop. You should go AEM

Greg

·
Registered
807 Posts
If he goes AEM and runs around at 24 psi on pump gas... it will pop. :)

Justin

GregZ33 said:

Greg

G

·
WOTM said:
The actual hp is quite a bit less than the corrected. AZ tracks are slow, especially SIR in Tucson.
yes, AZ tracks are VERY slow. :finger:

as you can tell by these cars on 275/60/r15 drag radials.
Casey Van Tol vs Steven Short

Casey Van Tol sets new record in the finals

And it's a shame Mike Bowman made this run on a slow AZ track, just think what he could have done.
Old record was a 6.70 @ 212

The record in this class was a 7.94

The record in this class was a 9.45 @ 145

I, personally, was pretty impressed with this AZ track. ;)

G

·

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
speed101 said:

We brought the car to an elpaso track and with minimal time behind the wheel pulled 11.4ss at 131 with 5000 feet elevation.
the car should do , 10.1-10.3s at close to 140 in tucson when our track opens..
remember the boost was at 28 pounds with 8 more pounds to go actually we turned it down to 24-5 ish ... the track we were running was new and was really slick...
I want to do high 9s do you think it is possible..???
Between your car and ekools, local folks were seriously impressed by the Supras. Very impressive show of power on a new track. BTW, I was the guy that approached you and complimented the hardtop. :cool:

(P.S. the pic on my avatar is at the same track. This was back in Feb before the track was repaved and before a bunch of drama with my car...it was bpu, but at least it was running. )

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
justinn5 said:
If he goes AEM and runs around at 24 psi on pump gas... it will pop. :)

Justin
Yeah sorry. I actually did know that...I'm just recommending AEM for tuning purposes if he gets 1000cc injectors. But yes it would have popped and even with stock ecu on the streets it will detonate.

Greg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts