WOTM clutch
HKS DLI
FJO
All stainless lines
2- Walbros
-10 into (2) -8 Feed lines / -6 retun
-8 fuel rail / center return
1000cc inj

It took me around 10months to build, but I've learned a lot from the experience.
Thanks again to Ryan Woon for the tune and the extra hours.....Thank God he's local!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Congrats to Justin! The car is running great.

The car made good power in the mid 30's on boost but it was having a slight issue leaning so the power will more than likely come down a bit at the same boost once the a/f's are under control.

Find that problem Justin!!!

It's a complete WOTM Turbo kit. 321SS Header

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah pretty crazy how when i seen the car just like 2 months ago it ws bone stock. Now it seems like this thing is a monster. If you ever do go out to sonic again justin call me up and we can roll together since i live like 5 minutes from you

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbosupe said:
Yeah pretty crazy how when i seen the car just like 2 months ago it ws bone stock. Now it seems like this thing is a monster. If you ever do go out to sonic again justin call me up and we can roll together since i live like 5 minutes from you
Two months ago???......9-10 months ago is a little more accurate.
But nonetheless, thank you. And yes I will be hitting up sonic real soon.
I have to learn how to drive this crazy thing first! Ryan can attest to my inability to handle the base boost power (589ish) -car got a little loose- while attempting pulls on the way home.
Shifting @ 5500 most of the time, but still sitting in the sweet spot for boost......
I have a lot to learn.......

Thank you again to Ryan and all of the calls he has fielded from me. Great tune, wonderful drivablity, and smooth as a baby's butt.

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
That's just awesome power on the stock longblock. Congrats!!

I rode in a 74GTQ car in Vegas and that turbo feels very good! :)

-Olivier

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well justin maybe time flys faster than i thought haha. Well call me up if you still got my number and let me know when your going to go out there. My car should be done by next week so next saturday ill be going.

Reed

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Wow!

Great numbers man. Let us know what it does once you get the fuel issue solved.

Steve K.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The afr's hold rock steady @ 11.2's throughout the rpm range at base boost.....which put down 589 Yet when we turned up the wick, they would hold until the very end and fall like an Lead balloon. We'll find it..... but I'm cetain that when we do that my HP will drop like Ryan previously stated...... I still expect to hold onto 750ish if at all possible.
For all of those power hungry individual that are wondering why I just don't throw some 264's in and put down some "real numbers" (900's) I will very soon, but I need some practice with the new found power. All in due time.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats on the car.

Was it holding fuel pressure? (at a 1:1 ratio with boost)

I would really like to see you learn how to drive that power on the street before going full blown 900hp.

Especially since it was getting loose on you below 600.

I have seen too many friends and customers get too brave too quickly and crash.

The thing about a Supra is that it will get out on you 20 times in a row and you can just pull it back easily with a flick of the wheel.

Its that 21st time when the LSD splits hard to one wheel and the thing comes around hard that you need to be ready for.

It usually takes more than one hard flick of the wheel to manuever out of it and depending on speed can sometimes spell disaster.

Don't mean to scare anyone just be ready for it, and have fun.

I also highly reccomend some road course events.

You will learn the limits of the car quickly and safely.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Advice is always welcome here.....

I completely understand your comments and concerns......I appreciate the post.
I'll be taking it out as much as I can to explore the in's and out's of the car before going all out.......
The reasoning behind it getting "too" loose was a mechanical issue that is being resolved. Just rolling on it should not have put my DR's into a compete drifting motion......nonetheless, I learn quick and I expect to suprise a few people........
Although I realize it is a completly different sport, I have ran plenty of hot laps in dirt track midgets.....beating my fathers best time / he won rookie of the year that year.

It was holding solid 11.2-11.4 fuel preasure @ base boost and produced 589
Yet when it was turned up, the FP wanted to dip at the very end....?????

Ryan would you please post up the LOG

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
NSANITY said:
Advice is always welcome here.....

I completely understand your comments and concerns......I appreciate the post.
I'll be taking it out as much as I can to explore the in's and out's of the car before going all out.......
The reasoning behind it getting "too" loose was a mechanical issue that is being resolved. Just rolling on it should not have put my DR's into a compete drifting motion......nonetheless, I learn quick and I expect to suprise a few people........
Although I realize it is a completly different sport, I have ran plenty of hot laps in dirt track midgets.....beating my fathers best time / he won rookie of the year that year.

It was holding solid 11.2-11.4 fuel preasure @ base boost and produced 589
Yet when it was turned up, the FP wanted to dip at the very end....?????

Ryan would you please post up the LOG
11.2-11.4 was your a/f ratio, I was refering to your fuel pressure.

Example: If you are running 42 psi static FP then you want to make sure the fuel pressure increases to 62 psi @ 20 psi of boost, at a 1:1 ratio.

If it is not then you are not getting enough fuel to the rail. (could be weak pump, clogged filter, clogged injector, faulty regulator, insufficient fuel line)

If it is then you are having an injector problem whether it be pulse width or a faulty injector.

Since its only happening at higher boost I would assume its dropping fuel pressure.

·
Registered
233 Posts
justin glad to seeyou have the car back. I'm still waiting for my icy cold thirstbuster from our race last year.. :yum:

I'd race you again (double or nothing?) but I feel the time is ripe to retire UNDEFEATED against your supra. :fawk:

btw the 'x is running great.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's about time I heard from you.....Clean out your damn box!!!!
I haven't forgotten about the thirst buster!!!! We need to roll out sometime.....
What kind of number is the NSX putt'n down these days.....

Still waiting on my Freakn' Dyno graphs.......hopefully sometime soon.....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ryan-

WhistlingBlur94 - After 10 months of building, It still hasn't hit me yet that I am now "living the dream"...... Driveability....yeah, love'n it!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it is.... ITS GTQ 74mm DBB

I'm not happy with where it's spooling......I remember seeing the graph the night of the dyno, but I didn't pay any attention to the spool.....
We have sealed the system and checked for leaks, but nothing.....????

I'll try to get some pics of the engine bay up....something I'm fairly proud of.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts