Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the 791XV this weekend, everything seems to be working ok except for the doorlocks, which will always lock, but will only unlock right after the car's been shutoff. Any idea what that might be? The stock alarm keeps going crazy when I try to remote start the car, because the doorlocks won't unlock lol.

How do I eliminate the stock alarm? Isn't there a control box somewhere for it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guardrail,

Here some info that might help. Try the grenn/yellow for power lock, white for power unlock on the passenger side kick panel. Those 2-wires should lock and unlock the doors as well as arming and disarming the factory alarm.

As far as the remote start goes you have to disarm the factory alarm before you remote start it, you can use the blue/white (-) status output wire on your 791 to disarm the factory alarm before it remote starts. Just tie it in with the unlcok wire on the passenger side. This should take care of all your problems.

I have a 93 w/remote start and I had to progam the alarm to double-pulse lock to turn of the factory alarm but the 96 should work if you go to the passenge side.

NOTE- before you rewire everything just run a jumper wires to the passenger side before you hardwire.

Good luck. D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts