Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup guys ive seen so many thing about the lex AFM, 550cc injectors, 255lp fp, and SAFC combo and i was wondering what was the power range is this good till? i would like to make 400-500rwhp before looking toward standalone, id like to do the combo and then upgrade to a GEMU or would the combo work for my goals?

my mods are
.40 oversized wiseco pistons
eagle h-beam rods
full 3' exhaust
fidanza 11lb flywheel
RPS max clutch
oil pump
waterpump
thermostat
FMIC & hardpipes
Garrett turbo not installed
MHG
ARP head studs
stock head assembly
gates timing belt
ebay oil cooler kit
intake
stock fuel system
street fire rev limiter
new bearings & gaskets
(maybe leaving something out)

thanx for the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right path... but what turbo are you running, that would be the determining factor. I think you might lean out coming close to your goal.

I use to run a TECII in my sp71gtq, standalone is a whole other world... with my rebuild onto another supra I will be going AEM. My suggestion after wasting so much money... Buy the standalone now if you are serious. The AEM is plug and play and will save you chasing down all these temp mods. they work, but if you are serious, just get the AEM or equiv and use that as your starting point.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
227 Posts
wassup guys ive seen so many thing about the lex AFM, 550cc injectors, 255lp fp, and SAFC combo and i was wondering what was the power range is this good till? i would like to make 400-500rwhp before looking toward standalone, id like to do the combo and then upgrade to a GEMU or would the combo work for my goals?

my mods are
.40 oversized wiseco pistons
eagle h-beam rods
full 3' exhaust
fidanza 11lb flywheel
RPS max clutch
oil pump
waterpump
thermostat
FMIC & hardpipes
Garrett turbo not installed
MHG
ARP head studs
stock head assembly
gates timing belt
ebay oil cooler kit
intake
stock fuel system
street fire rev limiter
new bearings & gaskets
(maybe leaving something out)

thanx for the help
u already posted this once like 3 posts down:doh:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
What turbo??

I made 511rwhp at 24psi (with race gas) on a 61mm turbo with a combo similar to yours, except I was on stock internals. Also I had to use the HKS FCD to get over 21psi without fuel-cut.

Just make sure run plenty of race gas when you start getting the boost over 17psi to make up for the crude AFC tuning.

Edit-I see you have a FCD in your other post,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts