Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After scratching my brain for a while, and only finding the IH1 connector in my body harness, and missing the others, i realized that my car being an NA before hand with the 7M-GE, the body harness connectors were different!

Good news is, i only have a couple body harness connectors left to hook up. I know where they go on the 1JZ harness, but I can't seem to figure out where they are located in my 7M-GE body harness (color/plug wise). I know where they are located on the 7M-GTE body harness, but no luck on the GE harness. I was wondering if any NA guys before have done the 1JZ swap and have any help with the body harness wiring, or if anyone can read a wiring diagram for a 89+ 7M-GE to help me find the plug and colors of these final wires:

- J/B 3 (on the 7m-gte harness it is yellow and located on the M1 plug position 2)
-Stoplight SW
- Water Temp Light (on the 7m-gte harness it is yellow-green strip located on the M1 plug position 10)
- Comb SPD Sensor (on the 7m-gte harness it is yellow-red strip located on the M1 plug position 3)
- Tach (on the 7m-gte harness it is black and located on the M1 plug position 4)
- Dash Ground (on the 7m-gte harness it is brown and located on the M1 plug position 6)
- Check Engine Light (on the 7m-gte harness it is grey-green strip located on the M1 plug position 9)
- Backup lights (on the 7m-gte harness it is red-black strip located on the M1 plug position 1)

Thanks a bunch if anyone who can read a wiring diagram and/or has done the 7M-GE > 1JZ-GTTE swap before.

BK

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After working on it today, Water Temp has now been discovered thanks to the 1JZ swap master ;) (Yellow/Green).

I was told the Stoplight SW was Green/white, but after looking on my harnesses, there is no Green/white for this wire....

Heres what wires i have left on my body harness (color wise..)
? Whatever the JZA70 IG1 connector hooks up to (M1 on the MA71 body, ??? on the MA70 body)
-Black/white - red/black - yellow - black - grey/green - brown - yellow/black - purple - pink

And on the B2
- red/black - yellow - black

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Do you have a picture of your M1?

typical 90+ M1

red/black (Reverse)
yellow (JB3)
black (tach)
grey/green (check engine light)
yellow black (oil pressure)
purple (defogger)
pink (speed sensor)

The only ones that don't match typical 90+ is your black/white and brown wires. Must be something related to NA.

If it is a white/black wire, then that would be the voltage signal for your 12v.

The brown is most likely dash gnd.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i think i got the hang of this, just a Green-White wire for the stop light switch isn't left on the M1 plug. Is it located in a different area of the body harness?

BK

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,276 Posts
oh shit bryson you fucking with me... your going 1jz too? lol canada represent!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. Old setup wasn't practical for nearly daily driving, which i want to do with the car now :) Nice stock 1JZ , BPU'd with Blitz ECU.

Still searching for that Stop Light switch.. :( No green-white wires on any of the 3 MA70 plugs..

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
One last thing, it says with the B2 > IH2 plug , if you are using the hydrofan and OK monitor ecu, to hook up IH2 pins 9, 21, 22 (9 yellow/white OK monitor pin 2) (21 red/black Fan comp A/C pres SW) (22 yellow-purple OK Monitor pin 6), and i know where these wires are located on the IH2 plug, but where do they come from? i have the hydrofan ECU and its plug connects directly to another plug on the 1jz harness. I am guessing the OK monitor wires come directly from the OK monitor ECU, but what about the 21 red/black fan comp a/c pres sw? I am not using my A/C if thats what the A/C in that pin stands for...

As well, there is a longer plug with only 4-5 wires in it at one end near the big square fuse box plug, what does that plug into? Ignitor is hooked up, so its not that..

BTW - Whats the OK monitor anyway? :) And is it needed?

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Bryson help us out man, take some pictures. I really want to help but having to spend time reading your post and figuring out what you are talking about is taking a long time.

If we are going to tell you how to do it, at least take some pictures.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry, forgot my digital camera at home. I pretty much figured out all the wiring so far :)

Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts