Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to remove all the shiz off the top cause i dont know where to remove/ Make it a little clean? We all know MK3's have horrible placements everywhere i just dont know where to relocate most stuff.

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
I guess asking a clear question is just too much to ask.

Reactions: CR820

·
Blue Thunder
3,519 Posts
JZ dat bish yo !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree asking clear and detailed questions is a good first start. The 7m engine bay is indeed packed tight. The first question is what are your goals and plans for the car? Is this a daily driver (I hope not)? Is this a weekend crusier? Track car? That will determine a lot of things in terms of what you can and cannot remove. And where you live .

The number one thing you should be concerned with is making it reliable. Fixing the common issues with the 7m. Head gasket, oiling system, cooling system. Then worry about engine bay clean up and dress up. Keep it stock too. Don't upgrade anything until all of that is done. My two cents.

On my 7m build my goal is a reliable weekend cruiser that will be driven in cooler weather. I live in Texas and its hotter than hell in summer so I really don't plan to drive it much in the summer. However 9 or 10 months out of the year it's relatively cool. 50 to 70 degrees. So I am ditching the a/c which frees up a lot if room. Texas is pretty lenient on emissions so I'm ditching all the emission that. I am keeping power steering because I'm lazy.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1993 Supra NA-T
72 Posts
Sounds to me like you want to relocate the intake manifold that runs over the engine to an front-facing style? Vendors sell manifolds that replace the stock one that wraps over the motor, and instead project forward like the 2JZ-GTE. To be perfectly honest with you, judging by how you phrased your question, anything that you would like to do is outside of your skill-set. If you are genuinely interested, take a look at my NA-T build that i'm once again digging into this winter. The black intake on the right side of the motor replaced the stock over-the-engine style of intake found on the GE cars. This is probably the best way to clean up the engine bay, at a price. You'll have to get a new pretty much everything that has to do with the intake, and you'll end up re-routing pretty much everything with the intake as well. There's plenty of info on the forums if you know how to use a search feature.

Maybe try lurking for a bit before you present yourself like this... The few of us that remain here can be your best source of knowledge, but also the best source of ridicule.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How to remove all the shiz off the top cause i dont know where to remove/ Make it a little clean? We all know MK3's have horrible placements everywhere i just dont know where to relocate most stuff.
We all knew that? I didn't know that. With the exception of swapping and relocating the charcoal canister to make room for a wideband O2 sensor, it seems to work well the way Toyota laid it out.

I'm guessing you're one of those thAt can't be bothered with emissions or EGR equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts