Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:stickpoke I have been looking for any topics on aftermarket cams/gears. And i have found nothing... Can someone help me on aftermarket cams and gears. i would like to upgrade my 7m with this stuff. I would like a 282in and 282 ex. or maybe staggered. i don't know if they make cams for the 7m-gte. But i would like some help on where to get the cams and gears. Also i would like to kno why some people stagger there cams...?

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Aftermarket cams are rare for the 7M.

Cam gears are sold where they sell other aftermarket Supra parts, try a couple of the sponser sites, HPF, MVP, etc.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Webcams make camshafts for the 7MGTE.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
umm well not sure why as the webcams have 8.9 mm of lift comapred to the 7.9 mm of the todaracing cams.

do they have the open btdc and atdc?

·
Registered
234 Posts
figgie said:
umm well not sure why as the webcams have 8.9 mm of lift comapred to the 7.9 mm of the todaracing cams.

do they have the open btdc and atdc?

i imagine it has something to do with duration of the lift

email**
Hello,
Thank you for your e-mail and interest in TODA Racing. These are NA camshafts, and have too much overlap for forced induction applications.

Best regards,
TODA Racing USA/AKH Trading

end email**

second email** (emailed them back and asked if they made any cams for turbo app)

TODA's specialty with Toyota, Honda, and Mazda is NA (normally aspirated). Therefore we have never tested our camshafts in forced induction applications

end email**

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Has anybody done some dynoing with adjustable cam gears on a mk3? In MKIV's they gain usually 5-15rwhp on BPU levels.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Krister said:
Has anybody done some dynoing with adjustable cam gears on a mk3? In MKIV's they gain usually 5-15rwhp on BPU levels.
dave moskowitz did some tuning w/ the acg and got 11rwhp out of retarding the intake cam 3*
said no matter how much he adjusted the exh it seemed to make little difference.

edit: had the int and exh reversed. fixed.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, this kinda sucks... our motors are very limited to what we can do. I heard HKS made a cam shaft for the 7m. And i also heard that they made 6 sets, for the world.. :dunno:

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you want cams and have the money to spend you can easily get any spec you want, places don't stock cams for us because we don't buy.

New cams cut from blanks run 1K a cam, you can get a set used for ~1K a pair, and the weld / regrinds cost ~750

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
TurboRed90 said:
Man, this kinda sucks... our motors are very limited to what we can do. I heard HKS made a cam shaft for the 7m. And i also heard that they made 6 sets, for the world.. :dunno:

Oh you mean something like these, along with the oldskool HK$ gears too? ;)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
A local friend of mine is running Schneider Cams in his 7M. Don't quote me on any of these numbers, but I beleive they are 244 duration with a higher lift. They are regrinds that according to Schneider, give about a 10% gain in power. I beleive the price is only about $165 per camshaft.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
all the major players in the jap aftermarket made cams for the 7M: blitz, HK$, toda. a large variety of flavors were available- stock - 11mm of lift, 256-292 duration.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts