Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the probability of the actual knock sensor(s) being bad? I've already used YotaConnectors KS rewire kit, and the car runs fine. But still the code 52 persists.

Swapping the ECU doesn't seem to change anything (I have an OEM spare)

Resetting the ECU works when i start it up and it idles. Once I take off from the driveway at a moderate speed, check engine light comes on again.

If they were ever replaced, it would have been in 1997. Does one or the other go bad more frequently? (front, rear)

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,393 Posts
Unless the knock sensor itself is physically damaged in a visible way, I've never seen one that was 'bad'.
Every time I've had a Code 52 on a 7M-GTE car, rewiring it with RG-6 using the old SOGI method or using a kit like the YotaConnectors one solved the problem.

Reactions: debrucer1

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I did find this while searching code 52 i have some ?

So maybe when I did the rewire I didn't secure it at the ECU correctly. They were prefinished wires at the KS end so its probably my wiring skills.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe it not, fixing my bad OBS VSV (blue line) today seems to have cleared my code 52. It also had a broken tee so a vacuum leak but putting a new unit on seems to have done wonders.
Map World Organism Line Font

1 - 4 of 4 Posts