Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few requests for some 7m-GTE L19 head studs, so I wanted to see who would be intested in a set... If I can get at least 7 orders, I can sell a set for $550 each. Who would be interested? They would take about 6-8 weeks to get made after I order. Let me know if there is some interest. PM me, post, or email [email protected]

·
Not your average auto mk3
1,046 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Damn i always wondered if someone could get them for the mkIII. I wanted to go with them but i ordered just the regular arps because i couldnt find any info on L19s. Oh well ill be interested in the future but not at this time. Atleast i will know where to go when the time does come.

·
Registered
4 Posts
L19 headstuds

I can not believe that we finally get BC to make cams so we can make big HP. I have talked to ARP - Justin, and he informed me that the ARP kit for the 7MGTE was only good for 25 to 28 PSI. If you plan to make big HP like the 2jz you better get on board for the upgraded L19 head studs. Unless of course you like replacing short blocks. If you do not believe me call ARP. 550.00 for insurance is alot cheaper that rebuilding the block and possibly the head. I am on board Tim, and hopefully more out there are smart enough to come along for a good deal. This is a chance for us 7mgte guys to get together with the help of Tim and RREV MOTORSPORTS and go to the next level. Do not be cheap it will only cost you in the long run! I hope this helps Dan K.
P.S. I have priced these out with Justin at ARP on a one off pruchase. The price was 1644.08 for the one set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Head Studs

QUOTE=leach]
leach said:
HI. I have been working with Tim at RREV MOTORSPORTS on trying to get some upgraded head studs. I see you are interrested in them also. Bottom line is, that it does not look good for the order due to lack of interest. I have been working with ARP for a while on this project. I had Tim post it on the forum because of his association with RREV Motorsports.
Since it is not looking good for the L19's. I went though the channels at ARP and got them willing to make the head stud kits in their ARP 2000 materials. They are going to make 10 sets at the cost of $166.18 per set. If we have enough interest they will make 20 sets and the cost will be $121.24 per set. They tell me that with a proper tune we should be able to attain up to 40psi. of boost. The ARP 2000 material has a clamping force of 19,425 lbs. vs. the 17,483 lbs. for the 8740 stock ARP kit.
Also they informed me that the L19 material is for racing only, because the material is only good for at most, 2 years before it breaks down. It has a problem with self corrorsion. There for it requires frequent engine tear downs for inspections. They have found that is some cases it is failing much more frequently.
If you are interested in purchasing them. Contact Jay at ARP 1-805-525-1497. Tell him that Dan Kalich told you about these studs and he will take care of you.
I am putting in an order today for them so they will be starting on the 10 set order. It will take about 6 weeks to get them ready for shipping. If we can find more people out there that want these studs they will increase the order to 20 sets and we will all save money. So if you know anyone else that might be interested let them know. For now they will have 9 sets on the self a at the factory and Jay can set you up with a set.
This has been 2 months of work but, I finally got them on board to make these for us 7MGTE guys. I hope this helps. Dan Kalich.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
267 Posts
i would like a set of those L19 head studs. but im not in for frequent teardowns like stated in the post above. can we be assured that it would be ok to run L19s in an engine that doesnt see frequent teardowns and we wont have to worry about their self corrosion problem.

jorge

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I'd be in for some L19's, but hadn't heard about the aging issue. Not a huge concern for me, I'm more than capable of pulling studs for inspection every year or so. Do we have enough people down to start putting deposits?

·
Banned
237 Posts
why not get 1/2 in ones made?

·
Registered
267 Posts
the blocks have to be re drilled and tapped to accept a 1/2 inch head stud if im not mistaken... which would prob narrow down the potential buyers list as not many guys with 7m's are pushing those insane boost levels those high power 2j guys are.:wavey:

jorge

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
psst

the 7m studs are 12mm. That makes the 1/2" studs exactly .0275 inches bigger. You guys think that is going to help any? For comparison sake, the MKIV supra studs are 10mm. Exactly 2mm smaller than the 7m studs.

·
Banned
6,638 Posts
i dont think L19 studs will help any. as of right now 7m guys are having problems with lifting heads. these will be limited to a few guys who are actually making power. sorry to be so blunt for for everyone else, i would spend the extra 550 on these studs into actually machining the head and block to make sure everything seals..

and like figgie said, its already a 12mm stud, 2mm bigger than a stock 2jz.
one of my customers and good friend built a engine using only head bolts and the 7m in making over 900whp. and i am being conservative.

just my .02 cents.

but for the guys like, victor, slow66, duane, etc who are making big Hp, i think this is the way to go.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I can not believe that we finally get BC to make cams so we can make big HP. I have talked to ARP - Justin, and he informed me that the ARP kit for the 7MGTE was only good for 25 to 28 PSI. If you plan to make big HP like the 2jz you better get on board for the upgraded L19 head studs. Unless of course you like replacing short blocks. If you do not believe me call ARP. 550.00 for insurance is alot cheaper that rebuilding the block and possibly the head. I am on board Tim, and hopefully more out there are smart enough to come along for a good deal. This is a chance for us 7mgte guys to get together with the help of Tim and RREV MOTORSPORTS and go to the next level. Do not be cheap it will only cost you in the long run! I hope this helps Dan K.
P.S. I have priced these out with Justin at ARP on a one off pruchase. The price was 1644.08 for the one set.
The worlds highest hp 7m uses off the shelf arp head bolts, yes, bolts not studs. It has run at over 1300hp for three years and never lifted or pushed a headgasket. This is at over 40 psi, anti lag, and on a un-filled block. No 7m in the world needs L-19 head studs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts