Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodmorning everyone, I would like to buy a toyota supra mk3 7m-gte. I have heard that the original turbo ct26 has a lot of turbo lag.
I was wondering if it was possible to install a twin scroll garrett turbo, if so, what should I consider?
Just I consider the ct26 turbo a / r ratio and find a modern garrett with the same ratio? I am ignorant on subject !.... What would you advise me? Which turbo is right for me? My use would be on road, I would like a turbo ready both from low rpm but with good power also on top (that's why I think to twin scrolls). The engine before this modification will be completely rebuild with forged pistons,connecting rods, new gaskets, new oil pump, new radiator and manifolds, new intercooler and so much more... what's turbo is right for me?

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
The stock CT26 is not laggy. You might bew able to squeeze 350hp out of it but it starts to run out of air at high RPM (6000 RPM).

Turbo for bolt on to the stock OEM exhaust manifold, there are a couple of options but i unfortunately will not advise on them as i have not used stock manifold in over 12+ years. The only one I ever used was the Greddy TD06 kit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The ct26 isn't bad for mild road fuckery. It all depends on what you wanna spend. The next step up would be to bore out the ct26 to a 57 trim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts