Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm going to buy a toyota supra 1990 with the 7m-gte. I would like to change the old turbo with a new, anybody know some good turbo for this engine? For me 250/300hp are good! I want only update the old turbo... If it is possibile, i prefer not to map the ecu. I'm searching a fast turbo from 3000 rpm... i dont like wait 6000rpm?

·
Registered
785 Posts
feels like something is getting lost in translation man. the stock turbo easily puts out 300 whp ~ 14 psi

and it spools up before 3000 rpm

if you have a stock car, just rebuild your stock ct26. there are improved guts these days, updated thrust washers, billet compressor wheels the exact same size as oem

once you open up the exhaust (oem is massive restriction) with a big downpipe that has not cat and 3" system and a boost controller, you will have a hard time keeping the car off fuel cut around 12 psi, or 300 whp range

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
213 Posts
Ct-26 would fit the bill.
As mentioned in your other post the ct-26 is fast spooling and can support the power levels you have stated.
You can upgrade it to a 50trim or 57trim to push the flow capabilities.
50trim is my recommendation as the efficiency of that compressor wheel is better than the 57trim.
Plus it's bolt on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
feels like something is getting lost in translation man. the stock turbo easily puts out 300 whp ~ 14 psi

if you have a stock car, just rebuild your stock ct26. there are improved guts these days, updated thrust washers, thanks, this is the answer I was looking for! So any restrictions in the exhaust slow down the turbo spool? Sorry the many questions are novice with turbo cars! Please recommend a rebuild kit for the turbo ct26 that I can find on ebay! thank you very much!

if you have a stock car, just rebuild your stock ct26. there are improved guts these days, updated thrust washers, billet compressor wheels the exact same size as oem

once you open up the exhaust (oem is massive restriction) with a big downpipe that has not cat and 3" system and a boost controller, you will have a hard time keeping the car off fuel cut around 12 psi, or 300 whp range
Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for! So any restrictions in the exhaust slow down the turbo spool? Sorry for many questions!
Please can you recommend me a rebuild kit for ct26 turbo that I can find on ebay! thank you so much!

·
7M Fanatic
3,253 Posts
I wouldn't try rebuilding the turbo, unless you have a access to a turbo balancing machine.
They can't just be taken apart, and bolted back together due to the extreme rpm they turn.
Also, most kits on eBay are chinese junk.
Have a turbo rebuild company that offers a warranty do it.

·
Registered
1987 mk3 supra, 7mgte r154
67 Posts
Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for! So any restrictions in the exhaust slow down the turbo spool? Sorry for many questions!
Please can you recommend me a rebuild kit for ct26 turbo that I can find on ebay! thank you so much!
Dont do ebay, i would contact Boostlab and see what they can do for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts