Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if you have any details on the final product Captain like material its made of, dimensions and bore size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hoping to have the plates in my possession this week but I won't rule out another delay given how this has gone so far.

Just wondering if you have any details on the final product Captain like material its made of, dimensions and bore size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
6061 Al, no final dimensions at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Alan,

From the pics, it looks like Sleeper Designs killed it. Yup, I think I see one with my initials on it :).

Ken.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Those are purdy, makes me wish I would have snagged one a little bit. I already have one but those look so much better, they are garage art worthy ��

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thanks to all that bought plates for coming through and not leaving me hanging with a couple thousand dollars worth of some amazing 7M artwork.:bigok:

Seems like there's still some interested people out there so if anyone wants one post up and I'll see about running another batch.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Alan,

Got my plate on Friday, just as you said. She's a beauty.

I want to thank you for doing all the heavy lifting on this project and also for your professionalism and communications keeping everyone informed along the way. Great doing business with you!!

Ken.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Alan,

Got my plate on Friday, just as you said. She's a beauty.

I want to thank you for doing all the heavy lifting on this project and also for your professionalism and communications keeping everyone informed along the way. Great doing business with you!!

Ken.
Likewise as always Ken.

There is hope for the 7M world after all.....
Support has been dropping off significantly the last several years and no one seemed to pick up the slack. Or if anyone did they had no interest in sharing with others, more of a "look what I have that you can't have". Suprarx7nut was one of the first I've seen step up in a long time.

I am hoping I can start to bring some life back to the 7M market, however small it may be....

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Likewise as always Ken.

Support has been dropping off significantly the last several years and no one seemed to pick up the slack. Or if anyone did they had no interest in sharing with others, more of a "look what I have that you can't have". Suprarx7nut was one of the first I've seen step up in a long time.

I am hoping I can start to bring some life back to the 7M market, however small it may be....

Hey Captain,

I missed this! But since I am coming back full bore, expect the same from my end :D

Now to see who wants to make some AN fitting based items. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey Captain,

I missed this! But since I am coming back full bore, expect the same from my end :D

Now to see who wants to make some AN fitting based items. :)
Gotta admit I was pretty happy to see both you and BorHor back in the MKIII game. And if Wreckless is keeping his.....

As an -AN whore you definitely have my attention. Been wanting to design an upper water neck that uses -AN flares but I just haven't had the time....

And on that note: I have one TQ plate that the individual hasn't replied back on yet, so I may have one plate left if he falls through. I'll give it at least another week but there may be a shot at one.

·
YotaMD.com author
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Likewise as always Ken.

Glad I inspired some action! It's been sad seeing all the "nice" builds die off and many of the name brand parts becoming discontinued. I've been in the scene for 10+ years, but only recently had the funds to really have fun with this hobby without cratering my finances. It's like I finally made it into the "cool kid's party" and everyone just left right before I showed up.

I hope this is only the beginning of a lot of cool stuff dedicated to the mk3 in my garage/house/shop.

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
I missed out on this group buy. Hopefully someone tries to do the tool rental with deposit thing as the old lapping tool loaner thing used to work in the "olden" days.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Gotta admit I was pretty happy to see both you and BorHor back in the MKIII game. And if Wreckless is keeping his.....

As an -AN whore you definitely have my attention. Been wanting to design an upper water neck that uses -AN flares but I just haven't had the time....

And on that note: I have one TQ plate that the individual hasn't replied back on yet, so I may have one plate left if he falls through. I'll give it at least another week but there may be a shot at one.
funny enough,

that is one of the things I am working on (water neck, -16/-20AN).

but there are other parts to address,

now to answer the question of why. Well as most all us on these forums and all the other MA70 sites/fb pages are finding out, lots of OEM parts are starting to come to EOL which if we want to continue working on the cars, we need solutions. That was one of the motivations behind the ATI damper 10+ years ago.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Glad I inspired some action! It's been sad seeing all the "nice" builds die off and many of the name brand parts becoming discontinued. I've been in the scene for 10+ years, but only recently had the funds to really have fun with this hobby without cratering my finances. It's like I finally made it into the "cool kid's party" and everyone just left right before I showed up.

I hope this is only the beginning of a lot of cool stuff dedicated to the mk3 in my garage/house/shop.
Doubt I qualify for the cool kids club but I know the feeling. Since blowing my motor in Sept. it's been rather disappointing to be told vendor after vendor, manufacturer after manufacturer, that they no longer make MKIII/7M parts.

I missed out on this group buy. Hopefully someone tries to do the tool rental with deposit thing as the old lapping tool loaner thing used to work in the "olden" days.
I may end up doing that if I end up with an extra plate. I am way to particular about my parts/tools to loan out my personal one. I've also considered another run as I've had a few people reach out looking for one but I don't do Facebook and that seems to be where most of these people are coming from.

funny enough,

that is one of the things I am working on (water neck, -16/-20AN).

but there are other parts to address,

now to answer the question of why. Well as most all us on these forums and all the other MA70 sites/fb pages are finding out, lots of OEM parts are starting to come to EOL which if we want to continue working on the cars, we need solutions. That was one of the motivations behind the ATI damper 10+ years ago.
Nice.... I'll be lazy and wait for you to finish that one:biggrin:

I've always found it strange that other cars with far less production numbers have a better aftermarket support network than the MKIII with it's rather large production numbers. Maybe because the MKIII is a glorified Ford Probe overshadowed by the success of the MKIV or because when most MKIII owners get the money to properly work on a MKIII they JZ swap or buy an MKIV.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Guys,

I can't add any expertise or parts/design manufacturing prowess to this thread, but I am damn good at cheering :). Damn good. With figgie, BorHor, Wreckless, sixpack, suprarx7nut, Captain and others back in the fray, I will do what I can to support our beloved MKIIIs. I rented a torque plate for one of my MKIV motors and discovered, with shipping, it might be better to just purchase one outright. Then, along came Alan and the 7M-GTE torque plate....

Ken.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Guys,

I can't add any expertise or parts/design manufacturing prowess to this thread, but I am damn good at cheering :). Damn good. With figgie, BorHor, Wreckless, sixpack, suprarx7nut, Captain and others back in the fray, I will do what I can to support our beloved MKIIIs. I rented a torque plate for one of my MKIV motors and discovered, with shipping, it might be better to just purchase one outright. Then, along came Alan and the 7M-GTE torque plate....

Ken.
Ken,

you are golden in my books man! :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
I've gotten a couple PMs about these so I figured I'd just add a post for anyone that comes looking for a torque plate: Yes they are all sold.

I am renting one out though, so if you need one PM me and I'll work on getting it to you.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts