Supra Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Small chance.

What are the odds of 5 people putting up $450 for a torque plate right now? If there really is enough serious interest I will look at getting a batch going.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Small chance.

What are the odds of 5 people putting up $450 for a torque plate right now? If there really is enough serious interest I will look at getting a batch going.
I’d like one, just need to find 3 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Id like one but need it to be demontionaly the size of the 7M head.
Virtually no one in the industry uses or designs torque plates like this. All of the extra material hanging off the sides of the block have never been shown, to my knowledge, to have any effect on block distortion. The distortion is focused around the studs and the fire ring area of the headgasket, making your key dimensions the thickness of the plate and the bores.

The bores on the SD plates is a little on the tight side but perfectly workable, and they can be easily opened up if needed. The thickness is pretty much equal to the stock head, but given that the heads are usually resurfaced the plate ends up being a little thicker. No big deal and the standard studs/bolts can be used just fine without needing any spacers.

Will there be a chance for another group buy?
I’m in.
I am tentatively looking at first of next year for getting a batch run, unless I get at least 4 hard commitments to buy. If I get 4 people to put up money I'll order a batch of 5.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know I might be overkill but I always try to over think things lol. It certainty would not hurt but the wallet. Unfortunately without testing of some sort which is unpractical, we may never know.

Ill do a commitment to buy. Any changes from the last run?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ill do a commitment to buy. Any changes from the last run?
None planned. Changes typically add to the cost so I avoid them to make it easier for me to sell these. The 7m bunch is a fickle bunch.....

I know I might be overkill but I always try to over think things lol. It certainty would not hurt but the wallet. Unfortunately without testing of some sort which is unpractical, we may never know.
Sunnen, one of the biggest manufacturers of engine machining equipment and tools, did some extensive testing on several different types of motors and ultimately found that as long as the plate covered all of the gasket surface that the head covers, was the same thickness as the head, and was the same base material as the head, that the plate would be effective. They stated that the biggest difference came from doing the boring and honing with the block at operating temperatures, which isn't necessarily an easy task. Which is where the hour long presentation became a big sales pitch for their most expensive machine. So take that as you will.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am tentatively looking at first of next year for getting a batch run, unless I get at least 4 hard commitments to buy. If I get 4 people to put up money I'll order a batch of 5.[/QUOTE]

Just let me know, you’ll have to PM me as I am not always on here so I have the notifications off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'll be posting a new thread when it comes time to do a run. If I can remember I'll try to send you a PM.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts