Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking off my SP63 turbo yesterday and got to the FOUR bolts the hold the turbo to the manifold. I got the TWO front ones easy but the back ones are impossible. I fished around only to discover that they were never even tightened they were just loose (hand tightened).

I not sure how or why it hasn't leaked for the past 2 1/2 yrs of boosting but my question is. After you rebuild my turbo and I get it back. How would I go about getting those two back bolts tightened? Any idea's? I do not want to take the engine out or the manifold/down-pipe. Thanks.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
When I install a turbo kit.... I put the exhaust housing on first, then insert the center section, then Put the compressor housing on.

Your car is looking sweet by the way!!!

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I install a turbo kit.... I put the exhaust housing on first, then insert the center section, then Put the compressor housing on.

Your car is looking sweet by the way!!!
I understand but I'm afraid something will fall out once I take it apart (I never taken a turbo apart before, I usually just pay someone else to do it, :)). It's not going to void any warranty is it? Do you have a picture of it apart with it's three chambers?

Thank you for the compliment

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Nope... you should be fine... Just take the bolts out that connect the center section to the Exhaust housing, Then just slide the whole unit out. I do this every day and never had one problem. 13mm wrench is all you need.

[email protected]

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedSupra said:
yeah just be careful not to put it on crooked or you could bend the compressor wheel.
Ten Four

1 - 6 of 6 Posts