Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay hey guys.. New to the forum. I have an 86.5 Supra and the original 7M threw a bearing. Machine shop said a lot of bad stuff about it so we just bought a new one. We got a 7M from a Cressida from Japan. So like the title says the motor mounts are in different locations on the block, I've searched and searched for hours to no end. This is my daily and I've been without it for about two months getting all the parts in and the engine in from Japan. I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me it's much appreciate .

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
al the blocks are the same. just take your mounts from the original engine and put them on the new block. i wanna say the oil pans are different as well but I'm not 100%

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not man. I wouldn't be posting this if I hadn't tried that already. The block that we bought was a newer 7M, we had it all ready to bolt up today. I was under the car going to put the transmission support bolts in until we saw that we still needed to go another 3" back to get the mounts to line up with the brackets on the frame. It won't go back any further because the valve covers as well are touching the firewall, as well as the trans not being able to go back anymore because everything was lined up perfect to bolt it u .

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Supra GE block and the Cressida block are identical. Nothing changed through the entire run of them. The only difference between the two motors are the upper intake plenum/TB, the oil pan and pick up tube, the fuel filter is mounted on the block on the Cressida and the motor mounts. All you need to do is mount your original brackets in the correct location.

·
7M Fanatic
3,266 Posts
There are 2 sets of mount holes on any 7M block.
You just need to use the other set, about 3" difference.
And you can NOT use the cressida pan, or oil pump, they won't fit in the MkIII.
So go pick up your original pan, and buy a new MkIII oil pump.
Buy the turbo pump, as it's a larger displacement pump, and cures a lot of the 7M oiling problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet I didn't know that. Thanks for the info and I'm using my pan and the turbo oil pump, I found out first hand about the oiling problems. Haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts