Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats the highest compression you could push out of a 7mge want to make an n/a? will rebuild head would like to make a stroker but how much power you think you could puh out of it? th highet compression you could go?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Get a turbo if you want to go fast. There is nothing worth while doing to an NA. Sorry had to break it to you straight forward it's just lately we've had a bunch of NA crusaders making retarded arguements. Exhaust is about the only thing you should bother doing until you can go turbo.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hahaahahahahah degree you are just too funny at times......you can make as much compression as you want...just becareful...might as well boost it

·
Supra Dead Head
573 Posts
my N/A was making 170 psi on all cylinders except one . i dunno if that is particularly high or not but that's what it is. My engine is apart right now.

·
BOOST IS BETTER!!
180 Posts
my N/A was making 170 psi on all cylinders except one . i dunno if that is particularly high or not but that's what it is. My engine is apart right now.
Uhh what?

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Cylinder compression has nothing to do with the compression ratio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys do know that a high compression NA motor has it's advantages over a turbo motor. It may not be too cost efficient, but it is not a bad idea. Turbo's do have disadvantages.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
wats the highest compression you could push out of a 7mge want to make an n/a? will rebuild head would like to make a stroker but how much power you think you could puh out of it? th highet compression you could go?
There was a gent in my area probably 10 years ago now that built an 11.5:1 7M-GE, did all the predictable stuff, header, ported the shit out of the head & intake manifold, etc etc. Went to the dyno and it made 205whp corrected - a whole ~30whp gain over stock.
Basically it was barely a touch faster than a stock 7M-GTE car, and the stock 7M-GTE still made more torque.

Much better idea to just go turbo.

You guys do know that a high compression NA motor has it's advantages over a turbo motor. It may not be too cost efficient, but it is not a bad idea. Turbo's do have disadvantages.

Very true, but the fact is that the 7M head needs a hell of a lot of help to move a lot of air NA. So you're talking crazy valvetrain work, ITB's, cams, etc on top of an expensive motor build and what not to have what.. 250whp?

Honestly if someone wanted to go NA I'd start with the 2JZ-GE - you're already up way more power than a 7M-GE and you have a lot more parts available. But a lot of shit would still need to be custom!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts