Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i rather not get flammed about not suing the search button or anything. I search for hours last night and just didnt find what i needed. Also im sort of new to cars in general so a rebuild it a totally new thing for me.

I plan on doing a na-t conversion in the next coupld months and running na block with turbo electronics. The thing is the compression between the engine is different so i cant run as much boost or power or booom happens. So I wanna rebuild my Na engine up to turbo standards. I wanna lower the compression to that of what a turbo engine would be and maybe do a few extra thing. My horsepower to the wheels goal is evenutally 400-500 for now. So what do i need to do to bring it to turbo standarrds maybe a little better? WHat can i do myself? What would i need a shop to do? Any advice ya all want to offer is welcome tip/tricks tell me them

thanks
josh

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
all you need to do is swap out the pistons, that's where the compression ratio change comes from.

one thing you probably won't be able to do is add the piston oil squirters that the GTE blocks have.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
For the amount of effort and money it takes to rebuild an N/A block to turbo specs you'd be better off buying a turbo block and doing a simple rebuild on it. The block casting is the same on N/A and turbo however the N/A blocks aren't always drilled for the extra knock sensor and none of the N/A blocks have the oil squirter ports. The compression difference is in the pistons.

·
Registered
335 Posts
like the two expert already pointed out
just go the turbo way cause you getting all the electronics from the turbo anyways.
400 - 500 rwhp you might as well go turbo!!
good luck

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see the thing is for now my parents wont let me get another block. they will let me rebuild the whole thing but wont let me put a different one in there. There crazy but oh well ill just do the way i can. I have more than half the parts for the turbo already so im not gonna back out not. Any other advice. Can you not add oil sqirtters in on a na block? or Just add the knock sensor?

·
Registered
192 Posts
also the na block does not have a return line for the turbo oil. i just completed the na block with turbo parts, running 12psi on retorqed stock HG on my newer jdm GE and no probs yet but, i am now going to get a turbo block b/c the na only has 1 KS port and no return line(Dont tap your oil pan, unless you take it off and have at least a 3/4 inch bung welded in, or it will leak, trust me;) )

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey can yu tell me how your ran your oil lines? Thats the only thing i dont understand about this all yet. Any other advice or tips? Did you just retorque your stock hg and head bolts? What else are you ruinning??

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there anything else i should do when i have my whole block apart that would be smart??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts