Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i rather not get flammed about not suing the search button or anything. I search for hours last night and just didnt find what i needed. Also im sort of new to cars in general so a rebuild it a totally new thing for me.

I plan on doing a na-t conversion in the next coupld months and running na block with turbo electronics. The thing is the compression between the engine is different so i cant run as much boost or power or booom happens. So I wanna rebuild my Na engine up to turbo standards. I wanna lower the compression to that of what a turbo engine would be and maybe do a few extra thing. My horsepower to the wheels goal is evenutally 400-500 for now. So what do i need to do to bring it to turbo standarrds maybe a little better? WHat can i do myself? What would i need a shop to do? Any advice ya all want to offer is welcome tip/tricks tell me them

thanks
josh

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
For the amount of effort and money it takes to rebuild an N/A block to turbo specs you'd be better off buying a turbo block and doing a simple rebuild on it. The block casting is the same on N/A and turbo however the N/A blocks aren't always drilled for the extra knock sensor and none of the N/A blocks have the oil squirter ports. The compression difference is in the pistons.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see the thing is for now my parents wont let me get another block. they will let me rebuild the whole thing but wont let me put a different one in there. There crazy but oh well ill just do the way i can. I have more than half the parts for the turbo already so im not gonna back out not. Any other advice. Can you not add oil sqirtters in on a na block? or Just add the knock sensor?

·
Registered
192 Posts
also the na block does not have a return line for the turbo oil. i just completed the na block with turbo parts, running 12psi on retorqed stock HG on my newer jdm GE and no probs yet but, i am now going to get a turbo block b/c the na only has 1 KS port and no return line(Dont tap your oil pan, unless you take it off and have at least a 3/4 inch bung welded in, or it will leak, trust me;) )

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey can yu tell me how your ran your oil lines? Thats the only thing i dont understand about this all yet. Any other advice or tips? Did you just retorque your stock hg and head bolts? What else are you ruinning??

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there anything else i should do when i have my whole block apart that would be smart??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.