Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning. I currently have a rebuilt 7mge with stage 2 cams and Ferrea valves. Once I put it back in it wasn't quite the power I wanted so I looked into a stand alone for it, wasn't really finding any good options. Now I'm looking to add the turbo from a 7mgte and all associated equipment needed to do the addition. What do i need to add and replace to make this happen. I have new 550cc injectors. I was wondering if it was as simple as replacing the ecu. Are the wiring harnesses the same? And then just installing turbo and associated equipment? Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
712 Posts
have a rebuilt 7mge with stage 2 cams and Ferrea valves......wasn't quite the power I wanted .....
for sure. you need a snail on that 7mge. I am with you

what year is this car ?

I did something similar, added a turbo 7mgte ecu onto my 86.5 7mge harnes. you can actually run the ge igniter and distributor/ignition (saving a few hundred to get it running)

here is my thread

my advise would be to not purchase an air flow meter when you convert (+lex housing, dont buy either) and instead emulate the afm signal (aka map conversion) via a maft pro or map ecu with safc (aka alphabet soup)

when I did mine I scored a used maft pro for $100, and a turbo ecu for $42. sold my ge ecu to $38 as an offset. yes this literally cost nothing to get into gte turbo electronics

I still run 440 injectors, trap at 110 mph (full weight targa), car feels like its a solid 350whp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts