Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know much about engine swaps. what does it take to do the swap (cost, parts) what does this kind of thing cost. right now i have an 85 nonturbo 2.8 5 speed

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Wade said:
lolz! My old boss used to call me Wade-man, ahha
One of my college friends was named Wade.

We'd call him "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYDE". I'm sure he loved it. ;)

When we meet don't be offended if that's how I refer to you.

·
Scrooge McDuck
52 Posts
I got the answer...

Call this number (800) 592-8262. This is K.Watanabe corp in California. You can get a 7MGte engine for like $800 or less, that is where I got mine. That car will run high 13's with the stock motor due to how light the body is. You might want to visit a local junkyard and drop in the Limited Slip Differential and get some stabilizer bars fabricated so that you do not rip up your rear end with all that torque....

Y

·
0 Posts
I hear so many people say the mk2 is so light?? I thought they weighed around......3500 lbs??? isnt that heavy??? Sorry if I'm incorrect....Thanks...Oh yeah and what exactly do they weigh

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
YoungNStupid83 said:
I hear so many people say the mk2 is so light?? I thought they weighed around......3500 lbs??? isnt that heavy??? Sorry if I'm incorrect....Thanks...Oh yeah and what exactly do they weigh
They weight in at 3045 lbs stock (curb weight). That's quite a bit lighter than a JZA80.

I have both. :)

D

·
0 Posts
YoungNStupid83 said:
Mine was ~3200 (at the track) with 1/2 tank of gas and 170-180lbs me. The MKIII I have seen at the track are 3700-3850

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
dgoodhue said:

Mine was ~3200 (at the track) with 1/2 tank of gas and 170-180lbs me. The MKIII I have seen at the track are 3700-3850
The laden weight is sort of irrelevant as that can vary with the amount of gas/driver as you mentioned.

That's why I quoted the curb weight. It provides a more objective basis for comparison.

G

·
0 Posts
Whee!! Easy weight reductions!

-spare tire
-back seats
-back carpeting
-extra electronic crap (subs and amps)
-1/5 tanks when racing

free extra HP:
-a tire iron rammed inside the cat.
-remove the air conditioning
-cut a hole in the bottom of your air filter case
-adjust timing (shit....I forgot the specs again)

I know this wasn't what the post was about, but its what was on my mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts