Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i bought a project car and the guy had a brand new clutch kit for the car.. i was getting ready to drop the motor in today with the clutch/pressure plate already on since the transmission is already in the car and when i put the pressure plate on the flywheel, the studs lined up but the other bolts were off by about an 1/8th inch.. im not sure what clutch kit this guy bought but its the wrong one!! i am in need of a different pressure plate that works.. i will just use the clutch that i have with this kit but i am looking for anyone in OHIO or around that has one for sale that i can come pick it up! Or if anyone knows a website that does fast shipping on just a pressure plate thats not too expensive! thanks guys!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im really hoping i didnt get fucked out of an r154.. main reason i got the car to hold more then 350 hp... but ive had a w58 before in my n/a and it shifted a lot easier then the transmission in the car right now.. anyone know the main differences between the two by looking? also i called autozone ealier and their gonna have a new clutch kit for me in the morning for only $150.00 with a lifetime warranty.. cant beat that deal lol.. when i bought the car it was a big lot of parts.. he had an auto motor and a 5 speed.. think one was JDM because on one of the intake manifolds there was a cover for the EGR (JDM doesn't have EGR system) and i have 2 different flywheels.. one for an auto and one for a 5 speed. once again im really hoping its not a w58.. and 67m im from the Lima area.. about an hour away from Dayton

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres a picture of the pressure plate that i currently have that will not fit on my flywheel

·
weaksauce, work on it...
659 Posts
im really hoping i didnt get fucked out of an r154.. main reason i got the car to hold more then 350 hp... but ive had a w58 before in my n/a and it shifted a lot easier then the transmission in the car right now.. anyone know the main differences between the two by looking? also i called autozone ealier and their gonna have a new clutch kit for me in the morning for only $150.00 with a lifetime warranty.. cant beat that deal lol.. when i bought the car it was a big lot of parts.. he had an auto motor and a 5 speed.. think one was JDM because on one of the intake manifolds there was a cover for the EGR (JDM doesn't have EGR system) and i have 2 different flywheels.. one for an auto and one for a 5 speed. once again im really hoping its not a w58.. and 67m im from the Lima area.. about an hour away from Dayton
350hp and autozone clutch sound like a horrible idea

R trans weighs a shart tone more than the W... i got cheated outa my trans when i got the car, assumed it was R since the body code was for a gte. the W will hold bpu, but its not tard proofed...

pic link <-- linked some pics

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a w58 clutch. You need a r154 clutch kit
thank you! this is what i needed verified! looks like im putting this one up for sale then! and this autozone clutch is just until i figure out what im doing with this project.. ive only invested $1300 into it and i have a whole extra block.. im thinking about selling it all for about $4500-$5000 when i get it all up and running right then buying another shell and ordering a 1jzgte with a 6 speed. not completely sure yet.. if i do decide to keep this then ill be upgrading the extra block i have and get a stage 3 or so clutch kit when i drop that motor in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts