Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering if mine is still usable for a rebuild, i already searched an thread in thos forum but in the old ones the Pictures are already deleted. This is by far the worst one.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not there to feel it, but it looks like your timing belt may have been too tight from the direction of the wear. Could you post pictures of the others, and the camshafts?, including the upper cam bearings? I trust you are labeling the upper bearings so you know which go where, btw.

Your title is off, by the way - this is showing wear of your head cam journals so far. Finally, these engines have a reputation for tearing up their cams/bearings and still running fine. So a bit about the miles, condition, history and especially your plans would be useful in advising you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not there to feel it, but it looks like your timing belt may have been too tight from the direction of the wear. Could you post pictures of the others, and the camshafts?, including the upper cam bearings? I trust you are labeling the upper bearings so you know which go where, btw.

Your title is off, by the way - this is showing wear of your head cam journals so far. Finally, these engines have a reputation for tearing up their cams/bearings and still running fine. So a bit about the miles, condition, history and especially your plans would be useful in advising you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh sorry english is not my native language, i will send in some pics when i get home from work, it is an 89 model and got 220k km on the clock and currently the plan is to take the whole engine out and do an complete rebuild the only thing im not sure about is if this head is still worth it or if i should buy a new one :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Cam bearings are labeled from the factory, and it looks pretty scratched up. I'd use another head and probably another set of cams depending on how they look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts