Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, lately ive been having this problem when i start up, my idle is 2k so i have to shut it off then back on to get it to about 1k. i've been doing this for quite some time now, when recently i gassed up and when i started it, it shot to 3k ! and now whenever i start it, it always stays up there, it won't go down anymore. i tested my IAC and got 10-30 ohms between each terminal tsrm told me to check just like it called for except for ONE, i got 45ohm. another thing i tested was putting ground to all the surrounding terminals and power to the center two on the IAC motor and see if the valve moves and it DOESNT. so i take it i need a new IAC ??

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Have you checked your throttle linkage? Is it sticking? Is the cruise control module stuck? See if you can get it to lower by manually moving the throttle housing.

I had this same problem and it just needed to be "lubricated" Also check your floor board for obstructions.... like a binding floor mat. That has also happened to me once,..... or twice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check your PCV system, I had that problem and I just fixed it yesterday. I had clumped up oil blocking the air passages that link from the accordian air hose, over the valve head and the 2 hoses that connect into the valve head, and then the air passage that goes into the throttle body. Mine would idile 2,500 - 3000 all the time untill I cleaned that hose/steel line out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have had this problem. Its the idle screw see how lose it is. I drove mine on the highway at like 4k rpm went to get off the highway and it wouldent slow down. The way on our cars it is is that the bolt end is down to the botom so as it rattles vibration over time it can back out as you drive. Lucky I had a manual and could just put it into nutral and wasnt really a bother to yank the screw out but if it was an auto it may have been another run away toyota. Try that and see if the screw is lose or put some locktight on it just to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.