Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
TODA, HKS. Or just get the N/A cams for top end pull, i believe the N/A cams ran 15whp extra on the dyno...search for the guys post, dyno chart and all....no tune

Good luck finding HKS cams, and i have read that TODA cams are VERY hard to tune.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
21 Posts
cam

well actually i work at Crower, and i know that we can do some mild grinds on the cams. but as for getting new ones made, its gonna be a custom job. and will run u a large amount of money

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
Most people will tell you to leave the cams aone! Why do you feel the need to change them. Are you blowing 600+ to the wheels ? If not don't waste time messing with waht really works.

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
The amount of money those things will cost for the HP you will get is better spent elsewhere

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies and advice

I want them for performance but That riminded me of my last supra. When I rebuilt it the cams looked rough but now I know it is normal. I am really wanting them cause I have some $ to spend when I get back from Iraq that I want to try to get up to will neely after a while.

·
0 Posts
HKS AND TODA HAVE CAMS FOR THE 7M MOTOR BUT THEY ARE LIKE 5-600 BUCKS. THE PROFILES ARE NOT TO AGRESSIVE ANYWAY. THE LONGER DURATION JUST SHIFTS THE POWERBAND HIGHER IN RPM RANGE/THE LIFT OFFERED FOR THESE CAMS IS NOT ALOT MORE THAN STOCK. IF THE CAR IS TURBO CREATING ALOT OF OVERLAP IS NOT ALWAYS A WISE THING TO DO,ALSO IF ITS TURBO THER ARE ALOT OF OTHER MOD U CAN DO THAT WILL YEILD BETTER RESULYS FOR YOUR MONEY.

·
0 Posts
Well the 7m will rev out to7000-7500 easy but the key is are you making power at these engine speeds. more revs dont always mean more power.thats why you need detailed info about the cams of your choice,and also you must understand the character of the motor in question. and have a real understanding of what you want the motor to be. A top end monster with bad low speed operation,or do you want to boost the mid range torque/power curve. ther are somtimes alot of variables to consider especially with the cost of cams for this motor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts