Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive got a 1987 7mgte, stock ct26 turbo with a 57 trim upgrade and ive been having a few problems that i cant diagnose and maybe somone out there has some ideas for me

the problem has been while boosting during some pulls i can go only half throttle to keep the car from jerking once it reaches about 4000 revs
im only running 6lbs of boost
so its like when i stab the throttle it just seems to bog out almost like a fuel cut but that doesnt make sense to me
also after doing some pulls i believe its the turbo but it makes an awful squeeking noise

if anyone has any adivce for me it would be greatly appreciated
mike

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
check for tears or leaks in the vac. system. whats your vac at?

hows the play in the turbo?

<l><l>

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys
umm for the injectors im not to sure i bought the car only last year and just put it back on the road from winter

i think they might just be oem

also what is afm im not familiar with it?

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
thanks guys
umm for the injectors im not to sure i bought the car only last year and just put it back on the road from winter

i think they might just be oem

also what is afm im not familiar with it?
afm is you air flow meter, the stock one is pretty restricted id you upgrade your turbo and try to full throttle it. Not enough air is going throw it. If the car drives fine when you are driving normally then it wont be your air flow meter, it's something else. Usually mk3 owners when upgrading the turbo to a 57, 60, 61 trim would buy a lexus air flow meter, 550cc injectors and a apexi air flow converter.

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Seems like most of us local guys making 200+ hp or more over stock seem to be having this problem, we put widebands on our cars and actually found out we're running so rich it is acting like a false fuel cut when the car will start to open the wastegate and it will jump and lurch and sputter like hell until you lean out the top end, leaning out the top end on these local cars made all the difference, fucking monsters came to life. Have you checked to see if they're oem injectors?! I would. You may be to lean or way to rich.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay cool thanks
where is the best place to purchase the lexus afm, injectors and apexi air flow converter?

·
Registered
63 Posts
knock sensor!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts