Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 mk3 supra, 7mgte r154
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i am currently in the process of road tuning and my mk3 supra.

The car is a 83.5mm piston with stock length rod, is300 coils, BC272 cams, and a Boostlab 6065 turbo. The car is very sluggish, its not really accelerating and it breaks up anywhere over 4k rpm when I get the TPS past 80% id say. The car has copper 1 step colder plugs gapped at .025in. Its very odd because when I get up to 4k rpms in the tach the rpm needle drops back down to about 3.5k rpm but I can literally hear the engine reving up in the RPM still... I really don't think its a clutch issue because before the EMU Black I could still rev out past 4k no problems. Im just not sure where to start. The battery needed to be jumped but I'm not sure if the battery voltage would cause the rpm needle to drop?? Here's some pictures of all the tables I have set up. Let me know what you guys think or where I should start. I am eager to learn, thanks!

I also am not really sure how to set up boost tables either (how to read the numbers in the target and DC reference table or where I should start with the settings)

Here's some pictures of the logs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try checking the timing with a light, verify that the timing is in sync and doesn't drift. If that checks out try upping your filter

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try checking the timing with a light, verify that the timing is in sync and doesn't drift. If that checks out try upping your filter
I know the timing is right, everything idles well and it doesn't have a hard time starting. What do you mean my "upping the filter"? Which filter?

·
Registered
83 Posts
You sure you aren't running lean above 4K RPM causing the car to lose power?

Few other common things that can cause the issues you describe.
  • Failing coil packs
  • insufficient grounding. Try running new grounding wires from battery to chassis, block and head. Ensure you get a good connection, don't just put a cable over paint as it won't work.
  • Clogged fuel filter?

On second thought looking at one of your pictures, is it me or does that say 9.1 AFR at 4348 RPM? if thats true, then that's your issue. You are running way to rich causing the car to lose power, a lot of power at that AFR

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sure you aren't running lean above 4K RPM causing the car to lose power?

Few other common things that can cause the issues you describe.
  • Failing coil packs
  • insufficient grounding. Try running new grounding wires from battery to chassis, block and head. Ensure you get a good connection, don't just put a cable over paint as it won't work.
  • Clogged fuel filter?

On second thought looking at one of your pictures, is it me or does that say 9.1 AFR at 4348 RPM? if thats true, then that's your issue. You are running way to rich causing the car to lose power, a lot of power at that AFR
It is running a good bit rich and honestly, being my first time ever touching tuning software I don't feel comfortable doing any of that stuff so I'm going to be taking it to JK Tuning in Carlile, PA to get that done.

The rpm drop is fixed now, there was a voltage drop at higher rpms from the CPSs' dirty contacts, cleaned them off and its working well now. Not losing rpm signal all the way through the tachometer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts