Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Forums and definately need some help. I am in desperate need of a 7MGTE. The one I have needs more work than I can do. I have looked several places in search of a motor and the two that keep popping up are

Tiger Japaneese
and
Jazz Motorsports

Have any of you worked with either of these companies? If so, what was the outcome? If not, where would you suggest I look. I want one soon, but I do not want to break the bank over it. Thanks!

Chris

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
What are you aiming for?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reliable Power

For the time being, I just want to run around as a stock Turbo, but eventually, I want around 350-400 horse. The biggest thing I am looking for is the reliability. I know the HG's, but I dont want to create bigger problems.

Chris

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
The headgaskets aren't really a problem, just torque them down to 82 foot pounds or so, and just watch your cooling system. It's best just to rebuild the motor you have, you are taking a chance on a used motor which is worse than just having your existing motor rebuilt.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Problem with the Existing Motor

The Existing Motor has been exposed for 5 or 6 years. The Cylinder walls are rusted to high hell. The Turbo has a bit of play to it. The Head probably needs some work.

If I was to rebuild the existing motor, what do you suggest for internals? Any brand in particular?

· BOOST IS BETTER!!
181 Posts
Tiger Japanese were the ones that sent me a motor with a blown hg that was totally shot and refused to return me the money unless i paid a total of $900 to ship it back and for their restocking fee. They only wanted to refund me like $500 after i spent $1400 (including shipping) to get it to me.

· Registered
472 Posts
If you have the funds you would be better off just rebuilding the engine you have now. Spray the block w/Power Blaster(or something similar) let is sit for a few days and tear the rest of the block down, then take the block, head and crank to a machine shop for inspection. If you are lucky the rust may all be surface rust alone, or may be light enough to cleaned up with machining for basic wear. If you aren't lucky and need a complete engine, given your goals it would be better to either buy an engine from one of the respected 7m builders, or buy an engine from one of the used engine companies with the intention of pulling it down for a full rebuild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.