Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking in another thread about the 7M being the ONLY engine for me. A couple of guys were saying 1JZ/2JZ, yadayada, well who says you cant get 600+ out of a 7M too. Ive been drooling over this build-up since before I even got my Supra. If you have an eventual goal of Way To Much Power like me check this out.

http://www.racetep.com/7mgt.htm

Ok so you still wont be able to smoke Saad but what the hell pretty badass huh?

·
Twin-Turbos 2X the Proble
806 Posts
Thats a lotta upgrades. A lot of money to make the 7M able to handle as much power as the 1JZ/2JZ motors can right from the factory. Don't get me wrong, I like the 7M, but I really feel that for big power you should be going with a JZ motor, as proved by our mk4 brethern.

---------------------------------------------
88 Supra Turbo
Top Secret Exhaust Mod
0.12c Boost Mod

"If normal ghetto mods are considered half-assed, then mine should be considered quarter assed"

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Not "necessarily" true...
The 3 main reasons the JZ motors make more power than the 7M are: 1) Higher flow head with more aggressive cam setup, 2) Higher stock boost than 7m supras, and 3) More aggressively programmed ECU.

It's difficult to overcome any of these barriers cheaply (with the exception of cranking the boost).... but there is "roughly" 100hp difference between turbo MK3's and turbo MK4's.

Raising the boost to the MK4 stock equivalence, and take care of the weakly tuned ECU of the 7m motors and you are darn close to having the power of the JZ motors. Dealing with the head and cam setup on the 7m is a different story though.

Bottom line is that the MK4 was made to be a high performance car... it was tuned much more aggresively than the MK3, and as a side effect the motor was built stronger so that very high power levels could be attained, but what it takes to get stock JZ power out of 7m really isn't out of reach.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
people seem to forget, that for the $3500 minimum it would cost for a stock 1jz engine, you can get soem good horsepower out of a 7m.....

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Enraged said:
people seem to forget, that for the $3500 minimum it would cost for a stock 1jz engine, you can get soem good horsepower out of a 7m.....
Yeah they are not very common. But I have seen a few go for $2500 and one on ebay right now still sitting at $1500. Only if I had the money and know how.....

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea its would probably cost more then 10 grand by the time your finished, but it would be worth it to be able to smoke the majority of our MK4 brothers. We could really get some respect at the next TX2K if someone put a car with those mods on the dyno. And once you got finished with it, you'd still be spending about half that of a comparible MK4, atleast.

·
0 Posts
I'm probably the only one who doesn't know this, but who's Saad and what 1000hp car?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saad is from Arizona, I think, he's had the badass Supra that I know of for awhile. Southwest might disagree, lol, he's got his shit together too. I dont know anything about 1000 though. He made over 900 at Vegas and didnt really get a good run at TX2K seeing he CHANGED HIS HG IN THE PARKING LOT THE DAY BEFORE.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ummm........

In case you didn't realize thats 900hp at the wheels. 901.2 to be exact. which =1200 at the flywheel. If your gonna be an ass and tell me estimation is bullshit you can go fuck yourself.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts