Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Im literaly hours away from taking this thing to emissions and I have a few wires that I still dont know where they go on the thermostat housing. Can anyone help, I need to know how to post a picture, or if someone can host it for me. I have a very good shot of the thermostat housing with the wires labeled for the ones I know, but there are a few I dont know, maybe I can describe it verbally.

I got the motor from a friend. the vehicle had been hit pretty hard in the front right corner so he had to replace some of the thermostat housing and some of the wires were cut and he couldnt find the connectors.

what I need to know is where these wires go:

1. the blue wire with a white stripe and brown tick marks on it (every inch or so)

2. the light green wire with a brown (i think) stripe on it and same brown tick marks on it (every inch or so)

3. the yellow wire with green or grey (can tell from my photo) stripe and the same brown tick marks on it (every inch or so)

4. also, I have it labeled in my photo (H20 thermostat sensor to ECU) and it has a green plastic plug (like a square injector plug) and a chunck of green plastic from the conector but I dont have a sensor in the thermo housing that looks like it matches and the lead looks a little longer than I would guess attaches to the Thermo housing. Can anyone confirm or deny where this goes/gets attached?

this is on an early 7MGTE motor with a manual transmission.

I will be glad to share pictures of this with anyone that is willing to host them.

Thanks

Andy Z

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh also if anyone would be willing sell me the correct connectors that would be great too.

Andy Z

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank everybody

You guys ROCK

here's the link and I will try to "insert" the image too.

Here goes

link

insert
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not to get off topic,but do you have a link to your build up? I have a z31 shell(basiclly) sitting in my garage,and I think a 7m would love it in my engine bay. :D

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here's the second question, Anybody in AZ have that green sensor with the square connector, it dosent look like the pretty picture with text on it, it should look like a rectangle style injector connector.

I will post photos soon, its still a mess, here's a few details,

1971 Datsun 240 Z, 87 7MGTE, 60-1, 24x12x4 Intercooler, 3" mandrel bent stainless exhaust, lex afm, 550cc+ inj, S-AFC, Willwood brakes, Aluminum driveshaft, bla bla bla.

Thanks again everybody.

Andy Z

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Every day he drives it at 24-26 PSI but he always gets itchy when he takes it to a Dyno, so he had to mess with it the day before and got get race gas and turn it up to 29 psi, So...with a ghetto tune that night and on the way to the Dyno it was still running rich as hell he put like 530 to the rear wheels, he said he figures its worth 50+ more hp once its tuned right

AZ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts