Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few more bugs to get out, but I've been driving it for a few days now and it's great :) What I've done recently:

3200lb pressure plate, rebuilt R150F trans

I blew the seals out of the slave cylinder after about 150 miles with the 3200lb pressure plate. My toyota dealer buddies hooked me up with a stainless braid piece of flex line to replace the rubber one, as it was stretching too much and limiting the slave cylinder travel. They also gave me a slave cylinder out of a 01 RAV4, which is slightly larger in diameter so it has a little bit less travel than the stock slave but also makes the pedal a little bit lighter.

Upgraded turbo - 60 series compressor, no clipping on turbine wheel:

intercooler

IC mounts welded in place:

IC pipes painted:

All installed:

Here's what she's looking like right now:

I'll mount the winch solenoid under the hood and then I can raise the bumper up to meet with the grill. For the center section of the grill I'll either modify the stock piece or make something out of mesh.

I have a lexus MAF housing and 550cc high impedence injectors out of an RX7 that I installed, but it ran like crap so I took them out. I'll send the injectors out tomorrow and hopefully it will be possible for them to be fixed. (Thanks drjonez and paddlenbike for your help with the injectors)

Right now fuel cut comes in at 13psi, but holy crap does it pull hard :cool: Once I put the lexus housing and 550's in, I'll set the boost at 16 psi.
What do you guys think?

-Mike

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
You IC is your grill? hahaha:)

·
My fuel pump precedes me
346 Posts
Very nice, wish my Runner had one under the hood. I've been salivating over this swap since SuperRunner did his, but I ended up with a fresh 22re 'cause I didn't have time to do a swap. Excellent work, you've definitely done it clean. I assume some 4 wheel burnout vids will be forthcoming :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Looks great man--I'm jealous.

After you get your injectors back, let me know and I can help you sort through the idle problems. I bypassed the ballast resistors, which seemed to help a tiny bit but most of the help came from making idle adjustments with the S-AFC. You can also play with fuel pressure if you have an AFPR.

BTW, here's a pic of my 7M-GTE candidate:

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
nice work, that looks like a clean swap. The IC looks dope!

~scott

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey I have a question for you guys... I'm running a Bosch blow off valve, and it sounds much different when it vents than it did before the upgraded turbo. It makes sort of a swishing sound now, and before it was just a clear venting sound. Is the Bosch vavle undersized for the 60 series upgraded CT26?

Thanks

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
yes youmight have riped it just cheak to see if it is torn is some times happen's

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts

she wants a gte toooo
its got the 22r... that the 2bbl carb model.... yea 98hp rocketship

Your truck looks sick... yoda_man is building one too.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Yeah I also think you maybe have it installed backwards.. I believe we where doing that for years until a VW guy asked us wtf?

BTW Do you know if the Rav4 slave will work on the R154 as well I believe so since they are the same.. It would be nice to ease some of that leg work of the 3200 LBS pressure plate.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm the valve doesn't appear to be broken in any way, and I tired installing it both ways before and after the upgraded turbo and it sounds much different with the upgrade. I'm wondering if I have a vacuum leak, I'll do more looking around.

I'll post up a pic of the Rav4 cyl for you to look at. It makes the line come out pointing straight down when mounted on my setup, but my line was too long anyway so it was fine :) The throw of it doesn't seem to be quite enough though, so I bought a new slave and I'm going to install it tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts