Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the weight of a standard Supra 7M rod, with and without rod bolts.

I had no luck with the search function.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
They are all different. Ever see rods that were on a balanced rotating assembly? Different amounts of material are removed from each cap.

·
Registered
118 Posts
well i have one in my hand right now. its shot peened and it feels like it weighs about 2-3 pounds. im not good wit weights tho. ill find out at work 2morrow exactly how much it weighs

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
FYI, My Eage rods weigh 615.70, 615.50, 615.40, 615.20, 615.20 and 615.50 grams. Thats with bolts (i think).

Dennis

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Dennis: Now that's an interesting spec and a HUGE range in weights!

My Pauters were all exactly the same so I guess that part of the price difference.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to know the standard average rod weight so I can decide what savings in weight I will get comparing aftermarket rods.

I read the long thread about Eagle rods, Eagle rods are fine, might need a little machining to bring them up to spec.

The standard 7M rod is strong, but I am looking to pull higher RPM and reducing the weight is important to me.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,941 Posts
Just get them balanced if you plan on running 600 or less rwhp. You just get them balanced is all that you need to do. Weight only matters to make things rev more smoother and to get a higher rev limit. So you really need to worry about balancing the whole motor assembly to get the most of everything. Going with aftermarket rods Just affords better revving, and higher rwhp reliability due to high tensile strength, and that is what you are really looking for.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I want to know this too, and specifically how much lighter than the standard rod is the eagle rod? Any other brands to go for? I heard the eagle rod for a 2JZ is half the weight of the stock rod,is this applicable for the 7M also?

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
I got mine through HPF but I'd expect some of the vendors here could price match or beat their prices.

Carrilo's are much the same price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts