Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 86.5 toyota supra N/A im swapping a jdm 7mgte into it. so i got the engine in. everything was going semi well with a few minor scuffles getting the engine mounts to line up. but anyways. i went to put the transmission cross member in and i got it bolted up to the car but the tranny mount on the transmission was too far over to the drivers side. the transmission seems like its in right spot and shouldnt have to move. i tried to move it and it doesnt have enough room to move. so i believe its in the right spot. when i turn the cross member around it fits perfect it even lines up on the car. but the bolt holes arent anywhere near close. so the cross member usually sits like this \==/ but the tranny doesnt line up. when its like this or turned around /==\ the tranny lines up but the bolt holes arent anywhere near close. it would work but the cross member would need to be moved toward the front of the car. i was told the 7mge w58 trans cross member would work on the 7mgte r154. so does anyone know if it will work and i just need to figure out why its not lining up or do i actually need the cross member from the r154 trans.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Had the same issue and when i went to the R154 crossmember it was still off by a little bit. I ended up just prying it until it fit. I also have a 86.5

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know where i can get a r154 cross member? or has one laying around they can sell me. this is the only thing stopping me from finishing my project. ugh im so close. thanks for the replies everyone.

·
Registered
302 Posts
dunno if the 86.5 was any different but i swapped a 7mgte into my 87 with an 154 without changing any crossmembers.

mine is an 87 targa .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i read 86.5 is more or less an 87 but the crossmembers are definitely diffrerent.

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Cross members from 86.5 to 89.5 are the same and from 89.5 to 92.5. Its all over the forums!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts