Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can 8 Subs" be mounted in the rears?
I have an eclipse 8443 HU. and I will be doing the Kappa perfect 6.1 in the doors 6.5"

Will the 8" work and sound good. I will do an amp if needed.

I just do not want to have a box or do any fabrication in the hatch for any Subs.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You'd have to amp them , Tang Band makes a nice little 8" sub that would work well and they're only 29 bucks each. You would need to build a small sealed enclosure inside the rear mounts though to hold the sub, it would be very difficult to get decent output without an enclosure. You could do IB but those aren't very good for subs.

E

·
0 Posts
Yep...TB makes a great 8" subwoofer. Also, Resonant Engineering has their RE8 which is about $50. Elemental Designs has an e8A (more expensive, but a great 8").

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
The E8A is way more expensive! The RE8's are great little subs, but I would just pick up a pair of TB 8's considering they're so cheap. Not to mention you can get like 6 of them for 150 bucks and they have massive throw on them. LoL

·
shortbus FTW
270 Posts
also if you are looking for a short mouting depth on a sub look for IDQ or Image Dynamic's or something like that, I belive they make one that requires almost no mounting depth and they sound pretty decent too.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So these TB are great for sound? I guess that will be my direction,. If the speaker has a lot of throw... will it be able to sit behind the stock rear grills?? I will have Cartoys make and enclosure for the subs.

What is a good clean reasonable priced 4 ch amp to push these and the focal's?

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
You should probably look at US Acoustics at sounddomain, they're pretty cheap and push out the power! Good deal on them, but of course it won't deliver full power as the subs are 4 ohms svc and the amp will only put out it's power to two of them at 2 ohms so you'll be sitting off a slightly underpowered system. Unless you could squeeze 4 of em' in...then you'd have something. They're about 1" peak to peak throw on them, so you might have to worry about the grilles....

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#1SomeGuy said:
You should probably look at US Acoustics at sounddomain, they're pretty cheap and push out the power! Good deal on them, but of course it won't deliver full power as the subs are 4 ohms svc and the amp will only put out it's power to two of them at 2 ohms so you'll be sitting off a slightly underpowered system. Unless you could squeeze 4 of em' in...then you'd have something. They're about 1" peak to peak throw on them, so you might have to worry about the grilles....
Thanks, I am not worried about the price, I really want the best sounding 8" out?? Which do you think meets this need

·
Registered
147 Posts
JL Audio 8W7

If you have enough power to feed them the JL Audio 8W7 is supposed to be one of the best subs. They are very expensive but have some better features that the TB 8" speaker mentioned earlier in this post. They are alos a very big 8" so this may impact your decision.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I decided to do the Focals components in the door. I may look into "Navar's" box.. it looks very factoryhe stock location is fine... but I think the excursion of the JL will be to confined for the factory rear holes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts