Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty impressive. This car is in the SFWD street class and produces 801 whp!! NO NITROUS ALL TURBO AT 37PSI

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my bad! Here's the setup:

LS block with a 87.2/GSR crankshaft
84mm Endyn pistons. 9.4:1 cr
Crower Billet rods
Exospeed open deck sleeves
B16 head with Supertech Valvetrain, GSR cams
Full Race Top Mount with 3.5 inch downpipe
PTE GTQ71mm .68ar turbo.
PTE 750hp core
3.5 inch exhaust

The car belongs to Courtney Green from Utah. Just imagine what it'll feel like getting a ride in a car with this much horsepower and a weight of less than 2500 pounds! INSANE! Much props of course!

·
Champagne Papi
5,681 Posts
Nice setup! Not quite sure about the GSR Cams. I've read that CTR(Civic Type R) Cams are very aggressive! :dunno:

Too bad it's on a FWD:( No traction through any of the gears

·
Registered
286 Posts
yes GSR cams, and yes it is a scary bitch to drive on the streets.
When we are at the track and things are not working right, we put the street tires back on and take a pass or two on the freeway for some quick Data logging. It weighs in at 2450 and it should be pulling 1.5 60' this weekend in Phoenix. It will be fun.

Danny

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
one of my friends here in ny has a civic..witha h22a..turbo..t72...with a .58a/r i believe....he put down abt 519fwhp.....this thing is a rocket...weighs abt 2479lbs....very fast lil rice box!!..800fwhp..is jus insane...impressive shyt!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
jdmuscle said:
one of my friends here in ny has a civic..witha h22a..turbo..t72...with a .58a/r i believe....he put down abt 519fwhp.....this thing is a rocket...weighs abt 2479lbs....very fast lil rice box!!..800fwhp..is jus insane...impressive shyt!!

he doesnt live in fishkill by any chance does he?

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
ya man that car is completely useless as far as the street goes.

the funny thing is i bet spinning that car would own a lot of the cars on the street.

thats just nuts that little 4 banger makes that much damn power.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Not to piss on this thread, but that car would never hook up on the street. Hell it wouldn't have a prayer at even 500whp. Oh and one more thing.. why is that everytime someone mentions a honda they have to say "only XXXX pounds" It's an economy car that was never intended to race. The brakes, chasis, suspension isn't designed for anything great. Just my 2psi

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
Not to piss on this thread, but that car would never hook up on the street. Hell it wouldn't have a prayer at even 500whp. Just my 2psi
I would definitly agree... espeically with running the tires shown in the picture, traction would be very minimal. I know of 300whp civics that'll bust the tires free at 60mph... let alone 800whp from a dig! :doh:

And as the case may be, definitly still an awesome feat to get that kind of power out of a 4 cyclinder honda engine with that turbo. It's funny how other car owners rag on Supras as being dyno queens, but this honda fits the profile much better of a dyno queen IMO. :p

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
^

Good way to get yourself killed. No way would I ever trust a car like that on the highway with low tire pressure (to help traction). Anyone who has done 150+ in a car will tell you that! On the flip side, only a fool would do this on a public road. Keep it on the track.

T

·
0 Posts
Where was it ever stated that this was built for the street:dunno: I would hold off on the criticism until it puts down some numbers at the track..

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Just commenting on what most people were implying in this thread. I'm not really critizing, more so giving my opinion. Great power none the less.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
how come a pte71 doesnt make the same amount of hp on the 2jz? I havent heard of any 800whp 71mm setups... I would have expected more than 800rwhp out of the jz especially since it is a liter bigger.. Anyone know?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hmmmmmmm lets see 800hp can't hook on the street? I'm pretty sure from a role and some nice slicks, still should pull pretty nicely. Hell you have 1000hp civics running 7's.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts