Supra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
You might want to check out the new offerings that BW has developed for 2015. I have read that there are 7 new airwerks turbos that should be available sometime in 2015. I am hoping they offer a 300 series that used the 65mm turbine wheel. Does anyone have any specifics? I cannot find much beyond the link to engine basics above. The 66 and 69 are a little big for my project.
Not much has been released yet, the largest should flow almost 100 lbs/minute which is great. Since these won't use the 11 blade billet wheel, they should be loud like the standard BW units, which is about all I care about.

I got a February release, someone else said April, with a price range in the 1100~ range.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
I agree the BW sound is tits! Looks like the 300 series got an option for a larger turbine wheel in addition to the 69mm compressor. Looks like no off the shelf 65mm turbine wheel for me in the s200 or s300 :(

Here is the link to the bw 2015 catalogue that has to be downloaded as a pdf. http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/tools/download.aspx?t=document&r=783&d=954

·
Registered
504 Posts
What are most of you guys running for a a/r when making 800hp with these turbos I'm seeing you can get .83 or 9.1

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
havent got a dyno sheet mate? interested to see when its making power? i find mine quite laggy with a .88
Not yet. I am switching wastegates to a 44 tial from hks 60. I hit 625rwhp at 23 psi and ran out of wastegate spring being too soft and its pretty old school so i changed it. Im going to max it out soon. Ill post up then. Should be anywhere from 700-715 maxed

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Goddam sfitts- that tire/wheels setup. Hate to go off topic but- what are the specs?
You talking about my sig picture? Or the welds I just bought?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Update: Not sure how too many people are making all these higher 8xx numbers with the s366 and .88 hotside. My 10:1, kelford D cams, stock intake mani, proefi car on e85 made 811whp spinning a little at 35psi. The turbo is rated at 82lb/min so my guess is around 820whp. Seems about right. Went up to 37psi and made the same power. Not sure what was lacking in my setup to make higher compared to others' results.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ive got the s366 off the shelt with the .91. GSC S1 cams with springs and retainers. Twin walboros. Stock bottom, with new gaskets and head studs. LWFW. Water Meth with 93 octane. Greddy intake. Hoping to make 800+ when it gets dyno'd on AEMv1.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What is everyone doing for the turbine vband since they all seem to come with that odd marmon one that isnt flat. Are you having it machined flat or welding a standard vband on it? Also has anyone tried the s400sx 67mm FMW? I know its pricey compared to the standard S366 but was curious of how it performed on a 2jz as far as spool and power.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I had my fab guy weld a marmon flange to my 4 inch downpipe

·
Registered
222 Posts
Old thread revival, but I just picked up an S366 and am going to be starting my single turbo conversion.

Plan is to run the S366 (.91 A/R) with stock ecu and fuel for 3-6 months and then do AEM Inifinti and Fuel for 800whp on E85.

My question is, what wastgate psi should I run to keep this turbo from starving my stock (550) fuel system? 12psi?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Old thread revival, but I just picked up an S366 and am going to be starting my single turbo conversion.

Plan is to run the S366 (.91 A/R) with stock ecu and fuel for 3-6 months and then do AEM Inifinti and Fuel for 800whp on E85.

My question is, what wastgate psi should I run to keep this turbo from starving my stock (550) fuel system? 12psi?

Thanks in advance.

You should be just fine at ~15-16psi if your stock fuel system is healthy. The age of the original TT pumps in some cars is showing, with fuel pressure falling off much sooner than a new Denso TT pump would. Same goes for old fuel filters, etc.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts