Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this past weekend i had the great experience of getting a 83 in a 55 on the ocean parkway. it was a sunday nice day clean red car and i saw him but it was too late. what to do. just pay the lawyer to take car of this one i think. anyone? :madf:

·
5,059 Posts
Just mail the ticket in with a plea of not-guilty. You'll end up going to court probably in 3 months and you'll get a reduced fine. My last ticket of 28mph over was reduced to failure to signal. I was nailed with a laser too, the DA was a cool guy though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Nassau county is awesome !

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting busted is not

·
Registered
174 Posts
John , sucks I know.. My latest court case involved 6 tickets from the same STATE TROOPER. My attorney had them all dismissed, costly but effective. Call me if you want his number.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Taimur said:
Nassau county is awesome !
Nassau sux. Good roads... well better than Queens but it still sux. :furious: I got 4 tickets from the same rookie trooper. Speeding, tailgating, expired inspection and muffler too loud (original Greddy SP)

Expired inspection was thrown out b/c it wasnt expired and muffler too loud was also b/c he didnt do the db check. I didnt even say anything about it at court, they just threw it out.

How do you speed and tailgate at the same time? That would either mean the guy infront of me is speeding or I crashed my car into the guy infront of me. Well I didnt crash my car so... :rant2:

O well. Paid my fine and moved on... kinda... lol

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had a 118 in a 55 in the Hamptons that a good lawyer got me off of without even having me get in front of the judge. PM me if you want his number.

He's currently working on 3 other cases for me. Since July I've gotten three tickets on LIE in Queens, one is 76 in a 50, the next is 112 in a 50 and the last is 93 in a 50. Ofcourse saving me from all of these is almost an impossible task but so far he's done a good job of "working the system." For example, the 112 ticket is from September but somehow the court date is next September.

So for those of you travelling westbound on LIE in Queens, don't speed after the split off for Grand Central Pkwy.

-Ash
'93 SUPRA TT BPU
Soon to be suspended

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
I had 145 in a 35 awhile back. That got Real Ugly !! I couldn't get stopped at the road block either and they tried to hold that against me wtf?

·
Registered
330 Posts
i just last week got out of a 65 in a 35 with no points and a reduced fine. not a bad deal...just sent in a not guilty plea...spoke with the cop explaining that i was concerned about the points and he told me to plea guilty to some lesser charge. worked out well...give it a shot...

jim

·
Registered
814 Posts
damn u all are lucky 2 years back i got my first ticket as a 83 in a 55 in my moms beamer n there ass didnt give me any slack at all, the judge was a bitch tho.

Jimmy

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
tell them they have the wrong car :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ranger498 said:
tell them they have the wrong car :D
wouldnt that be cool if i could do that?
as said above. you wana play you got to pay. hope my lawer does a god job. he sure is charging enough :)

·
genius wannabe
49 Posts
I'm definitely no stranger to speeding tickets and have visited various traffic courts because of these tickets. What I have found is that most of the time (and I use "most" loosely) the prosecutor is willing to work with you and will reduce the charge against you. I wish I had known this earlier because I just used to send my ticket in along with a check for the fine and in the long run ended up getting my license suspended for accumulation of points. Since then I have wisened up and actually started going to court for tickets and have found that 9/10 times they will either reduce the ticket to a lesser charge or just have you pay a fine and dismiss the points. However, when running the risk of getting your license suspended for either multiple infractions or because of a serious infraction...a lawyer is definitely the best way to go!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I was so scared when I got pulled over for doing 86 in a 55. The cop looked the car up and down and told me it was really nice and let me go with a warning.

John that sucks!! I say fight it. You can get in knocked down. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts