Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
scksupe
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i plan on doing a 1jzgtte swap into my 86.5 supra. is it possible to do this wihtout many complications. i have found a 1jz which comes with motor, ecu, wiring harness, all required cables, distributor, a/c, complete intake manifold, power steering pump, all brakets and sensors, and auto tranny. the price is $1,100 plus shiping is this a good deal. is it even worth it to swap to a 1jz or should i just put in a 7mgte. i curently have a N/A. thanks in advance

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
wow... nice deal... you will need to go to bicperformance.com and buy the engine mounts.
extend your harness etc.(not too much complications) what is your automotive know how?

1100 that is one heck of a deal. i wish my swap was that cheap.

i say do it.

·
Huh?
180 Posts
Yes it is possible. I did it to my 86.5 with just the regular b.s problems but it turned out fine. I only have a minor mechanical background and basic knowledge from helping and watching others and I completed my swap. The only help I had was pullin one motor and installin another. The forums are always a big help too. As long as you have common sense, tools, MONEY( or someone to lone you some) and a source to buy your parts then your fine. If not, find a good shop that can handle it and pay them to do it. I love the 1jz much more than my 7m :69: .

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
^^ cool cookies... or if the car isn't your DD buy tht swap and sit on it until you are comfortable.... have some friends help take the old engine out, learn from that experience....
take notes, pics, whatever.... then get the new engine prepped up and pop it in there... :)

ive taken my 7M out 4 times.... the 5th will be the last. 2j coming soon :cool:

good luck and welcome to the scene... im sure your car will turn out great.

-ian

·
scksupe
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i dont plan on doing the swap until over the summer, have to save up a little bit of money, hopefully i can find someone to help me put it n (got a couple of mechanical friends) but i cant beat the price. does anyone have any pics of their swap in the 86.5 or pre 89?

·
Registered
427 Posts
distributor?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts