Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking at an 86 5 speed 2.8 liter MK2 and would like to know how you can tell the difference between the types(l type vs p type) of cars when looking at them. also are all Mk2's 2.8 liter b/c on kbb there is an option for a 3.0 liter engine. I looked at the sticky and am unable to come up with a clear cut way to know if the car i am looking at has the lsd etc. that p-types have or not. that sticky also says that l-types got 15x6 wheels identical to p types except for width, does that mean that p-types have a 15x7 or still the 14x7.

sorry i dont know much about the older models of supra's. thanks very much for all your help ahead of time :bigthumb:

here is a link to pics if that helps

http://evilallianceracing.com/ipw-web/gallery/album181

·
Cones owned me.
261 Posts
P-Types all got the 14x7 wheels like the ones you have. 82-84 L-Types got 14x6 wheels, 85-86 L-Types got 15x6 wheels that look different. North American MKII's got the 2.8L I6. P-type have fender flares and the P-Type wheels (the car pictured is a P-Type).

If you want better and more clear info, look in the faq section here: www.celicasupra.com and check out the forum.

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, just after posting this link i came across that website which said all 86's are p types.

thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts