Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my supra is stuck in 2nd gear, and wont shift at all, the stick moves and makes noise like it's shifting but when you let out the clutch it's still in the same gear. Even moving it to the middle like it's in Neutral doesnt put it in Neutral it's still remains in second, What could be the problem? My mechanic said it's the clutch, i havent been able to get it over there yet, but I'm not convinced it's the clutch since it was new and I only put about 3,000 miles on the new engine. what else could it be? originally i thought it was somthing as simple as the free play, but i guess it wasnt. Also the master and salve cylinders we're recently replaced probably for no reason. In the beginning it was just hard to get it in gear and somtimes it would grind shifting it, the night before this all happened I brought it to about 6,000 rpms and afterwards this is when it wouldn't shift any longer. What should I do? And don't be real super technical i have no clue what I am doing... thanks for any help anyone can give :dunno:

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Are you trying to pull it out of 2nd parked? I don't see how it could be the clutch, as you can usually pull it out without touching the clutch at all. Also, what happens if you push the clutch, start and then slowly let it out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Push in the clutch? start? like Start the engine? and let it out? it stalls lol... I've tried to pull it out of gear parked and moving, just doesn't happen... got any ideas what it could be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts