Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished putting a 91 7M-GTE, harness, and ECU into an 87 N/A. As most of you know, the 89+ engine harness is not a match for the 87 body harness. We (me and the owner of the vehicle) want to use the later harness, electronics, and stuff, so I'm looking for a pin-out for a pre-89 turbo engine harness so that I can use the TSRM (1990) to reference and re-pin the plugs so the 91 harness plugs into 87 car. So again, all I'm looking for is a wiring pin-out for all the plugs on a 87 turbo engine wiring harness. Can somebody help me out with this? The TSRM appears to only have 1990 Supra information.

Thanks in advance!

Collin

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Collin, might get ahold of my local buddy that did an 89gte swap into a 90gte car, he had to rewire the big plug that I beleive your talking about, then again I beleive all he had to do was match the colors honestly. But, I could be wrong, Instant message him or pm him on here, ALLOYGUITAR. I'll tell him to check his pm's on here. Later bro, GL.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Collin, might get ahold of my local buddy that did an 89gte swap into a 90gte car, he had to rewire the big plug that I beleive your talking about, then again I beleive all he had to do was match the colors honestly. But, I could be wrong, Instant message him or pm him on here, ALLOYGUITAR. I'll tell him to check his pm's on here. Later bro, GL.
Thanks!

Anybody else?

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
Buy the electrical wiring diagrams for each year from Toyota. They are like $20 each shipped. You can then find the pinout for each plug in it. The TSRm doesn't accurately show wire colors and plug pinout on the intermediate connectors.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy the electrical wiring diagrams for each year from Toyota. They are like $20 each shipped. You can then find the pinout for each plug in it. The TSRm doesn't accurately show wire colors and plug pinout on the intermediate connectors.
Awesome! I didn't know that you could get those things. I'll run by the dealership this week. There's a guy that works at the local one who always helps me out. I sure spend enough money there. :( Thanks!

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just order them from here;

http://smg.toyotapartsandservice.com/maint_pubs.php

Most dealerships mark them up A LOT from their prices. There shipping is expensive though.
It says wiring diagrams. This will include graphic pinouts for the body plugs?

Last time I needed a wiring diagram from the dealer, they were able to pull it up on their screen and print it for me. I'll be trying that first before I order anything.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
All the 89 wiring diagrams are available on CygnusX1, and anything from 1990 on is available on a dealer's system. If you need something older than that, some dealers will have it, some won't.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All the 89 wiring diagrams are available on CygnusX1, and anything from 1990 on is available on a dealer's system. If you need something older than that, some dealers will have it, some won't.
I thought the cygnus TSRM was 1990... Anyways, what I'm tring to do here is modify my 91 wiring harness to plug into an 87 body. I assumed that laying two pinout charts next to each other and going wire by wire would my best route, but I'm also open to other suggestions.

Collin

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
It says wiring diagrams. This will include graphic pinouts for the body plugs?

Last time I needed a wiring diagram from the dealer, they were able to pull it up on their screen and print it for me. I'll be trying that first before I order anything.
The EWDs have a similar looking diagram to the ones in the TSRM. The TSRM diagram basically show where the wire starts and ends. The EWD has a similar thing but along each line it has the connector and pin #s of intermediate connectors. Most of the circuits have the wire colors between plugs. Each section has a drawing of each plug and #s on all the pins. The only downside is you have to fish thru each section to find what wires are on which plugs. The majority of the B1 and M1 plugs in the later MkIIIs are mostly in the gauge, cruise, ABS, and EFI section. The EWDs also have a neat little 3D view of how the harnesses run in the car and indentify plugs that way as well.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the pinouts on a site where I found the instructions for wiring the harness for my 2JZ. :) I knew I had seen them somewhere!

Collin

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I thought the cygnus TSRM was 1990... Anyways, what I'm tring to do here is modify my 91 wiring harness to plug into an 87 body. I assumed that laying two pinout charts next to each other and going wire by wire would my best route, but I'm also open to other suggestions.

Collin
TSRM is 1990, the EWD is 1989.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts