1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know Joe at HPF is going to be getting calls from me just about every day from now until I get the thing in my hands. That's the only thing that can speed up this process. AEM obviously isn't putting many resources into this ECU, and that's their business to judge teh market demand, but when they (or their dealers) take my money, they need to deliver. /rant

GLEN

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky I am still deciding what I want.

Wonder why toyota used a low sense CPS to begin with. They fixed the prob with the 89+ supra's. Damn bums.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
sonofabitch. They have known about this problem since May. They told me then they needed a built-in amplifier on the board and that it wasn't too big of a deal, but that the new software release came first. Since then new apps have been added to the list and completed

Apparently they have not looked at the production numbers for the mk3 turbo. There were ~24,000 87-88 north american MK3 turbos compared to 12,800 89-92 mk3 turbos

G

·
Owell, as long as they have it out for our car I can live with that.
The one ? I have is? Duane has the tec2. It has a cps separate from the stock one. That way you just take out the stock one. What about doing that?
Allan

·
I'm rich bitch.
653 Posts
CAn you swap 89-92 cps on a 87-88 car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's not an issue that can't be solved or is even hard to solve, they just aren't giving it the resources it needs. It's all about priorities.

GLEN

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
supra87t3/t4 said:
It's not an issue that can't be solved or is even hard to solve, they just aren't giving it the resources it needs. It's all about priorities.

GLEN
:stupid:

Hell you can take a honda box, put in ls1 coils and a honda distributor for the ignition pickup, and have the car running. Glen has this setup on his 89t

·
Registered
583 Posts
I tried a 1000 box before the MKIII was a definite application (~1 year ago) and I could never get it to read my CPS (could have been my wiring). Zambezey got a 1100 (MKIV) unit to read the stock CPS (dunno what year) by adjusting the pickups (didn't work for me). The other glen had his running on a honda dist, but I thought he had changed back to the stock CPS and had it working?

GLEN

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
yeah but AEM delayed the 89 unit again as well. The issue here is simply that other projects have taken priority over the mk3. The engineer who started this out in late January was immediately called off it to work on their software. He then only worked on it sporadically through the spring and summer before being completely pulled off it

They estimated all along 1.5-3 months of work. I can almost gaurantee that they haven't put 3 months of work into this thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts