Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, trying to get my harness in for my 1JZ swap into my MA70 87 Chassis. I sent the car back east running with a hacked up harness I tried to do myself, gave up and went to tweak'd about 2 months ago. Now that my harness is here I'm running into some issues Got the wrong transmission plugs despite the order form, also have a plug running past the manifold/throttlebody I have no idea 6 pin plug

Not sure if the mechanic who has my car in NJ right now cut the body harness here or not but now we have no idea what the pin out is or what plug goes here. I have a 6 pin plug with 3 wires coming off the harness with no label that runs by the throttle body/TPS. In that area, the body harness coming off my headlights and engine room fuse box (j/b1 and j/b2 connectors all appear intact) that lays right behind the fuse box it looks with 5 wires (pictured). If anyone could help me identify this plug and pin out (I',m willing to color match off pictures at this point). I can't seem to find another 88 or 87 around me and the wiring diagram doesn't appear to have pin out or schematic I can find for this body harness.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Engine harness plug we're stumped on. (Have been trying to get in touch with Tweak'd for over a week now....)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's reallly hard to tell from those angles. To me it looks like they cut your igniter resistor plug, along with the igniter noise filter. Could also be your C1 Plug whuch looks similar to the connector you're holding. They are all located on that side of the engine bay near or around the fuse box.

I have a 1991 so our wire colors are different or I could tell you right away.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's reallly hard to tell from those angles. To me it looks like they cut your igniter resistor plug, along with the igniter noise filter. Could also be your C1 Plug whuch looks similar to the connector you're holding. They are all located on that side of the engine bay near or around the fuse box.

I have a 1991 so our wire colors are different or I could tell you right away.
I was also thinking igniters from the area. Not sure what the C1 plug does but I'll look it up, thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was also thinking igniters from the area. Not sure what the C1 plug does but I'll look it up, thanks!
My C1 has 5 pins, not sure how many previous models have, here are each of their functions (these are not in order).

Batt+ from EFI main relay (via 15A EFI). This source taken after the EFI relay
Battery signal from 15A EFI fuse. This source is taken before the EFI main Relay
Battery signal from 15A EFI fuse. This source is taken before the EFI main Relay
Source from 15A HAZ-HORN Fuse to Theft Deterrent horn
GND signal from the EFI relay coil. This signal goes to the Diag Block

1 - 6 of 6 Posts